Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EK Lounge FAQs and updates

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2015, 7:52 am

Arrow Boston lounge info?

What is the status of Emirates lounge in BOS? I have seen no information/reports about facilities such as food and beverage, showers, etc. What is this lounge like and what are the hours before Emirates flights?

Thanks,
Z
Old Feb 23, 2015, 11:07 am

Programs: Mucci (Chevalier de Sagesse), Betty Ford Alumnus, BA Gold, ScaryTeam Elite+
Lounge Update

Originally Posted by majoreyeswater
Crikey! Looks like - in the interests of the FT community and the greater good - I need to brave the lounge and write a mini TR!
Bloody Hell! You find your intrepid BA Refugee finally in Lounge 41.

And it's actually not that bad - it's light, airy, has a decent bar and the usual snacks, soup and those little nibbles they keep at body temperature for hours on end just to keep those who have a taste for enterohaemorrhagic food borne intoxications content.

And it's not at all crowded. Granted, this may be because one needs crampons, sherpas, functioning GPS and a spare week in one's diary to get here from sodding check in - in fairness the very nice gentleman at check-in this evening did warn me the trek is not for the faint of heart but never let it be said I let such petty travails get between me and a free G&T or six.

WiFi is OK - once you've managed to log on to the Swissport system in the lounge which seem to be re-enacting some medieval middle-European battle whose details are lost to antiquity with the Schiphol free wifi .

I trust my sacrifice is of assistance to the wider FT community. No, please, no thanks necessary.

Toodle pip!
BadoRas likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 12:56 pm
Xlr

Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
They don't have their own lounge at BOS (it's a relatively new destination). You will have access to "a lounge", but I'm not sure which one.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 5:33 pm

Programs: QF PS, EK-Gold, Security Theatre Critic
Originally Posted by majoreyeswater
I trust my sacrifice is of assistance to the wider FT community. No, please, no thanks necessary.
Well, thanks from me, anyway. I'm grateful both for the laugh and for the confirmation that the F&B voucher I got last time was a better (no hiking) option.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 8:18 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Partner lounge details here:

http://www.emirates.com/uk/english/f...r_lounges.aspx

I've heard it's not great at all but not been myself.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 8:35 pm

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
I've been to the VS lounge once and didn't bother afterwards. Its a different lounge now but can't be all that great.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 8:47 pm

As EK now uses terminal C, there is now a lounge there. It is called 'The Lounge' and while I don't think it is branded as an EK lounge, only EK uses it. I am pretty sure it is in the space that UA had their lounge, before they moved to terminal B. I have read rumors that it will be used by JetBlue, as well.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 6:51 pm

Still no information about this lounge in terms of actual amenities such as food and beverage or showers? I am trying to decide if I need to book a separate room before my flight to freshen up? I rang EK they had no idea. Rather bizarre they cant have such information readily on hand or on the website considering this is something most other airlines including US based carriers do... Also, why cant they invest in a proper lounge rather than 3rd party? I was at JFK some weeks back and shocked that compared to LH, BA, and even VS that they have such a lacking lounge at JFK.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 11:04 am

I've been there a few times now

No showers (but there are lounge only bathrooms). There are some dinner options (which seem to always be the same!), desserts, drinks, etc... It's certainly not on par with some of the other lounges, but it's ok. It is of decent size and there are windows to the apron.

I would anticipate they move back to E after the A380 renovations are complete. Part of the project also involves building dedicated lounge space above the existing terminal. It would not make sense for them to invest in C as that will just be their home for the next 18-24 months. Some details on that project here - http://www.massport.com/business-wit...?proj=L1346-D1
Old Mar 9, 2015, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by johhn14
I've been there a few times now

No showers (but there are lounge only bathrooms). There are some dinner options (which seem to always be the same!), desserts, drinks, etc... It's certainly not on par with some of the other lounges, but it's ok. It is of decent size and there are windows to the apron.

I would anticipate they move back to E after the A380 renovations are complete. Part of the project also involves building dedicated lounge space above the existing terminal. It would not make sense for them to invest in C as that will just be their home for the next 18-24 months. Some details on that project here - http://www.massport.com/business-wit...?proj=L1346-D1
Thanks! Is it at least a self-serve bar and food? I had been to this lounge years ago when it was a UA RCC, does it seem like new seating? I hope its not the same as that place seemed dingy years back...
Old Mar 9, 2015, 1:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Well when UA moved out of the N satellite in SEA, they basically took everything not bolted down & more including the light fixtures. I'd hope the re-purposed BOS lounge has been updated.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by Zalmistinks
Thanks! Is it at least a self-serve bar and food? I had been to this lounge years ago when it was a UA RCC, does it seem like new seating? I hope its not the same as that place seemed dingy years back...
Yes. Absolutely self service with attendants to clean up your mess.

In terms of luxury, it feels more like a Jet Blue lounge than Emirates, but it gets the job done. Never had been to the United lounge bud I'd imagine it has been renovated. It doesn't feel dingy, but not super high end either.

I don't want to make it sound bad, but it's not superb either.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 4:47 am

Emirates F - Which lounge in Incheon?

I will fly EK F ICN - DXB later this year. I will have some time to kill at the airport and was looking, which lounge EK is using there.

To my surprise the website is stating Asiana (Star Alliance) lounge as their partner lounge there in obvious absence of own premises.

Will I have access to the Asiana F lounge or where will I have to settle down?

Please help me out, thanks in advance!
Old Apr 15, 2015, 4:51 am

You will have access to the OZ F lounge in the Satellite terminal. But it's certainly not a lounge worth spending much more than an hour in, so I would try not to spend too long there if possible.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 3:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by stargold
You will have access to the OZ F lounge in the Satellite terminal. But it's certainly not a lounge worth spending much more than an hour in, so I would try not to spend too long there if possible.
Correct info was there earlier in the month. Was actually more excited (food wise) with the priority pass affiliated lounge near gate 10? that had bulgolgi on the buffet, and a first for me, a soft-serve ice cream machine. This lounge does close early though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.