Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EK Lounge FAQs and updates

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2017, 3:32 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by RichardAtCT
Crisis avoided, I found the orange juice!
Please tell me they've got the pavlova? I was quite disappointed last month and they promised me it'd be back this month, it's by far the best most amazing desert in any lounge in the world!
Old May 26, 2017, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Please tell me they've got the pavlova? I was quite disappointed last month and they promised me it'd be back this month, it's by far the best most amazing desert in any lounge in the world!
Negative. Maybe not part of the breakfast menu?
Old May 26, 2017, 6:08 am

Programs: QF PS, EK-Gold, Security Theatre Critic
"Same flight" rule for guesting?

One of the conditions for the guesting someone into the lounge is that the two passengers are on the "same flight." Is the QF code share considered the "same" as the EK marketed flight? Any direct experience?
​​​​​​​
I usually travel alone but next time I'm with a colleague who's QF Gold. He would prefer to book the QF code share (to get QF status credits) and I've booked EK (to get tier miles). We can both use DXB lounge but would be nice if he can guest me at SYD.
Old May 26, 2017, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by RadioGirl
One of the conditions for the guesting someone into the lounge is that the two passengers are on the "same flight." Is the QF code share considered the "same" as the EK marketed flight? Any direct experience?

I usually travel alone but next time I'm with a colleague who's QF Gold. He would prefer to book the QF code share (to get QF status credits) and I've booked EK (to get tier miles). We can both use DXB lounge but would be nice if he can guest me at SYD.
​​​​​​​Pretty sure that EK would consider them the same flight as unofficially they occasionally do also allow guesting where the guest is on a different flight which is departing before the host (I've done this). At outstations it depends on whether it's an EK lounge (SYD is) and if not how strictly partners follow rules. In VIE I was flying EK and was able to guest a friend who was flying easyJet to London as they never asked for his BP.
Old May 26, 2017, 7:17 am

Programs: QF PS, EK-Gold, Security Theatre Critic
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
​​​​​​​Pretty sure that EK would consider them the same flight as unofficially they occasionally do also allow guesting where the guest is on a different flight which is departing before the host (I've done this). At outstations it depends on whether it's an EK lounge (SYD is) and if not how strictly partners follow rules. In VIE I was flying EK and was able to guest a friend who was flying easyJet to London as they never asked for his BP.
Thanks.

​​​​​​​I talked him into the 6 am SYD departure so I'd really like lounge access but don't want to get into a debate at that hour.
Old May 26, 2017, 10:23 am

Any recent experience with the new Boston lounge? I was through there a month ago and it looked from the outside like it was on the verge of opening. I haven't seen any press releases or other news that it has opened.
Old May 26, 2017, 1:00 pm

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by johhn14
Any recent experience with the new Boston lounge? I was through there a month ago and it looked from the outside like it was on the verge of opening. I haven't seen any press releases or other news that it has opened.
It was open last week when I was there. Level 4 just above Gate E19.
Old May 26, 2017, 11:29 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Dubai Lounge access question - for guests

Hello,

What's the procedure for lounge access? I am a platinum card holder; travelling with someone who is a gold card holder ...... We both will be flying J. We will have 2 friends and their 7 year old also in transit - can we take them to the lounge as our guests?

Thanks
Old May 27, 2017, 12:04 am

Originally Posted by safari_7
Hello,

What's the procedure for lounge access? I am a platinum card holder; travelling with someone who is a gold card holder ...... We both will be flying J. We will have 2 friends and their 7 year old also in transit - can we take them to the lounge as our guests?

Thanks
You can guest your 2 friends (assuming you are on the same flight) and pay for the 7 year old. They may let you in without charging but strictly you have to pay for him.
Old May 27, 2017, 12:11 am
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
If you go to the J lounge you will all get in. You can guest 2 into the F lounge whilst your gold friend can go with the 7y.o to the J lounge
Old May 27, 2017, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by sydtogla
If you go to the J lounge you will all get in. You can guest 2 into the F lounge whilst your gold friend can go with the 7y.o to the J lounge
He can only guest one into the F lounge,
Old May 27, 2017, 2:40 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Thanks a lot ........ Think we will use the J lounge and all stay together.
Old May 29, 2017, 9:19 am

Can anyone tell me what the opportunities are for a cigarette at the SYD and AKL lounges?

Also, is the new location at BKK close to one of the smoking rooms?
Old May 29, 2017, 10:48 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by ft101
Can anyone tell me what the opportunities are for a cigarette at the SYD and AKL lounges?

Also, is the new location at BKK close to one of the smoking rooms?
Have a look at this. https://www.airportsmokers.com/airpo...ey_airport.htm

Not looking good for SYD but according to that website, and surprisingly,there is an airside smoking area in AKL (if it's up to date).

S
Old Jun 22, 2017, 7:54 am

Has anyone managed to get into a lounge when they upgraded for cash from Y to J during on-line checkin ? Terms say no access, but just wondering if it is worth asking nicely when checking bags in.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.