Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EK Lounge FAQs and updates

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2016, 2:22 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Does Emirates have a lounge at Dar Es Salaam?
Old Aug 19, 2016, 2:40 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by danger
Does Emirates have a lounge at Dar Es Salaam?
It seems it is a partner lounge in DAR

http://www.emirates.com/uk/english/f...r_lounges.aspx

Safe & Happy Travels

S
Old Aug 19, 2016, 10:26 am

Programs: Emirates Silver, BA, Flying Blue, Virgin, IHG
Originally Posted by iRobert
As a silver member I can confirm that the concourse B lounge is available again. Stayed there two weeks ago, construction work near the Moët bar is still ongoing though.
Even better is that there's a Costa coffee but the entrance. Great for coffee and a pastry if you arrive early morning.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 11:13 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by HelloKittysMum
Even better is that there's a Costa coffee but the entrance. Great for coffee and a pastry if you arrive early morning.
Some might prefer the champagne bar. Personally I still find the A lounge far superior.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 1:09 pm

Was at the terminal B Business lounge this last weekend and had to work. Headed to the little business area with desks. Noticed that none of the desks had power sockets. Searched everywhere. Was I not looking at the right places?
Old Aug 19, 2016, 4:57 pm

Programs: Emirates Silver, BA, Flying Blue, Virgin, IHG
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Some might prefer the champagne bar. Personally I still find the A lounge far superior.
Generally I agree (with both champagne and A lounge) but arriving on an overnight from Lusaka in economy (flight was full so couldn't upgrade) and with over eight hours to Manchester flight the hot chocolate and pain au chocolat was a nice surprise. Had those then a three hour sleep in B and then headed over to A lounge before flight.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 5:03 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite & Lifetime Gold, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard
Apologies if it's already answered, but all I found when searching were some old threads and I could not see a wiki on EK lounges.

I was wondering if there are any arrival lounges for J passengers at DXB?

I know there's a Chauffeur-drive Lounge, but is it an actual 'lounge' or just somewhere to put your feet up whilst you wait for a chauffeur?

Thanks
Old Aug 23, 2016, 5:54 am

No there are no arrival lounges from EK anywhere in the network.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 6:22 am

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Originally Posted by Paren
Apologies if it's already answered, but all I found when searching were some old threads and I could not see a wiki on EK lounges.

I was wondering if there are any arrival lounges for J passengers at DXB?

I know there's a Chauffeur-drive Lounge, but is it an actual 'lounge' or just somewhere to put your feet up whilst you wait for a chauffeur?

Thanks
No arrival lounge as skywardhunter said.
CD "lounge" at DXB is just an open space with the CD desks and a few sofas. It is useful when no car is available (quite rare though). You can sit there to relax, nobody will throw you out, but there is no F&B.
I use them to change shoes or rearrange my luggages (discreetly) although I don't use CD at DXB anymore.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 6:22 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite & Lifetime Gold, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
No there are no arrival lounges from EK anywhere in the network.
Originally Posted by ioto1902
No arrival lounge as skywardhunter said.
CD "lounge" at DXB is just an open space with the CD desks and a few sofas. It is useful when no car is available (quite rare though). You can sit there to relax, nobody will throw you out, but there is no F&B.
I use them to change shoes or rearrange my luggages (discreetly) although I don't use CD at DXB anymore.

Bah, that's a shame. Thanks.

Last edited by Paren; Aug 25, 2016 at 1:40 am
Old Aug 23, 2016, 7:06 am

Bah, that's a shame. Thanks.
Not sure how many passengers would really use it.

Instead of a dedicated airline lounge, it may be worth to have a common arrival lounge for all airlines. Depending on the demand, they can even keep it on a chargeable basis.

Then the question is - where should this lounge be? Before or after immigration?
Old Aug 24, 2016, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by Redhat72

Instead of a dedicated airline lounge, it may be worth to have a common arrival lounge for all airlines. Depending on the demand, they can even keep it on a chargeable basis.

Then the question is - where should this lounge be? Before or after immigration?
Would Alaska redemptions be allowed to use it....so many questions
Old Aug 25, 2016, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by Redhat72

Coming from BA I just kind of got used to having a shower, spa and breakfast after an overnight flight

It's useful to freshen up if you are in J or a 777 with no onboard shower. I.e., sleep for the whole of an overnight flight and then have a decent breakfast in the arrivals lounge.

Oh and BA's is after immigration, which makes sense otherwise luggage would be left on the carousel
Old Aug 25, 2016, 3:53 am

Coming from BA I just kind of got used to having a shower, spa and breakfast after an overnight flight
I think the idea is you buy F and get that all on board
Old Aug 25, 2016, 6:09 am

Question regarding guesting. In October I'll be flying to BKK with a friend who is in the flight an hour before me. We're both going to BKK just an hour apart. Any idea if they'd let me guest him in?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.