Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EK Lounge FAQs and updates

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2014, 11:20 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
It certainly is the case with CX. One of the things that led me to try Emirates was attempting to book CX F from LHR to AKL around the time they dropped F to AKL. Fares did not change for itineraries with flights HKG - AKL in J compared with those a week earlier when they offered F. IIRC the website even pointed out that although they were charging for F one sector was in J.
I didn't agree to purchase such a ticket

Now whether the EK F lounge guardians will go on the class shown on the onward BP or booking class I'm not sure. I have suspicions that the OP may be in for a bit of a discussion...
Old Feb 24, 2014, 11:34 am

While you do not agree agree to purchase such ticket, others do - be it willingly or just because they must be on that flight. Therefore when you are travelling on it, you should refer to the fare bucket rather than cabin class. FCL access is granted once the fare bucket is verified.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by Seat64A
If this was the case, who would agree to purchase such a ticket ?

I know I wouldn't.
Originally Posted by Aquitania
While you do not agree agree to purchase such ticket, others do - be it willingly or just because they must be on that flight. Therefore when you are travelling on it, you should refer to the fare bucket rather than cabin class. FCL access is granted once the fare bucket is verified.
Indeed, this is a more extreme example of married segment fare bucket availability that EK use to construct their fares through for example DXB - every sector on an outbound or inbound part of an itinerary needs to be ticketed in the same fare bucket. I myself have had to just purchase an Y class economy fare (as in full fare) in one direction where the first sector was completely full, but the second sector is empty. In the OP's case, the entire outbound sector will be ticketed in F or A (or Z!) and even though the BP may indicate a business class cabin, the fare paid will be F/A and that will (perhaps after a chat with the supervisor if computer says no) grant FCL access at DXB.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 8:38 pm

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Best would be to carry a printout of the ticket then and show it to the lounge supervisors to prove that you indeed have an F fare bucket.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 10:00 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by jackiedada
Best would be to carry a printout of the ticket then and show it to the lounge supervisors to prove that you indeed have an F fare bucket.
They don't look further than "First" or "Business"...
Old Feb 25, 2014, 12:58 am

Programs: BA, bmi, USAir, Aeroplan, AirBerlin, Marriott, SolMeliaMas, BAAWorldpoints
Try making a few bookings online and you will see. I have just flown on one of such tickets as the timing worked for me.
Why did you not book J for the entire journey and save money?
Old Feb 25, 2014, 1:49 am

Good question - wish more people thought like you...
Old Feb 25, 2014, 5:54 am

Because I wanted to fly in first class on the longer sector of the itinerary.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 6:54 am
Suspended

Programs: EK Plat, UA GS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Amex Centurion
From my experience before becoming plat, Access to F lounge is only if you have a departing F ticket from dxb.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 7:10 am

Sometimes you have to educate lounge reception about T&C of the ticket and fare buckets. They would check their instructions and grant access. Unless you accept no for an answer.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 7:22 am

Because I wanted to fly in first class on the longer sector of the itinerary.
Not that it matters as to whether you get FCL on your flight, but did you pay for the flights yourself? I am asking because if I paid out of my own pocket I would be more concerned about getting FCL than if someone else paid a very premium price on a ticket just because you wanted to fly F on one segment.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 7:32 am

Positive.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by ayeaway
Not that it matters as to whether you get FCL on your flight, but did you pay for the flights yourself?
For one aspiring to be a sheikh, it wouldn't matter.... For others, some else in the org takes care of reservations who will just go and buy F irrespective of price or whether F cabin is actually offered coz that's what the person is entitled to...
Old Feb 25, 2014, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by jackiedada
For one aspiring to be a sheikh, it wouldn't matter.... For others, some else in the org takes care of reservations who will just go and buy F irrespective of price or whether F cabin is actually offered coz that's what the person is entitled to...
"Aspiring to be a sheikh". Good one. I did not realise that the question was addressed to you, Jackiedada. Not all sheikhs are wealthy and stupid, for your information. I didot realise that the question was addressed to you, Jackiedada.

Call me a snob but I do not care about the fare. I want something, consider it important for me at this point of time - and I get it, no matter what it is - like all of us would do. Equally I can fly in economy class and still enjoy the ride, there is nothing wrong with it.

Thanks for trying to comment on my behalf.

Last edited by Aquitania; Feb 25, 2014 at 1:22 pm
Old Feb 25, 2014, 6:35 pm

"Aspiring to be a sheikh". Good one. I did not realise that the question was addressed to you, Jackiedada. Not all sheikhs are wealthy and stupid, for your information. I didot realise that the question was addressed to you, Jackiedada.

Call me a snob but I do not care about the fare. I want something, consider it important for me at this point of time - and I get it, no matter what it is - like all of us would do. Equally I can fly in economy class and still enjoy the ride, there is nothing wrong with it.

Thanks for trying to comment on my behalf.
It is your money and you can do with it as you wish. I too would be trying to get the best value for my buck by getting the FCL.

What gets my goat is people moaning about not getting stuff when someone else is picking up the tab.

A while ago it was one of my colleagues birthdays so a couple of us took him out for a meal after work. I picked up the tab for the night as I knew the other two were a little shy on funds. A decent night was had.

A couple of days later I heard that Mr. X who we had taken out was moaning that the restaurant didn't have in stock some wine he wanted an how crap that was. I raised the matter with him in front of the other two and asked for his share of the bill (which I made sure I got) Now he had reason to complain about how crap the restaurant was.

Another time a somewhat senior colleague was retiring and seemed an okay kind of guy so there was the whip round. Much ado with goodbyes and a helicopter pilot was even asked to give him a flyby.

A couple of months later he turned back up on our installation as a contractor as if nothing had happened and a lot of people where rather pissed of about this. My conversation with him went Hi Mr. Y good to see your keeping healthy how's the Mrs. now can I have the money back I put into your retirement whip round.

I tell it like it is as I find although makes it harder sometimes in the end makes it easier although I digress.

Back OT if I were you I would want FCL as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.