Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Long over-night lay-over in Dubai, flying business, can I use car service?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2015, 12:39 am
Original Poster

I have a long layover in Dubai coming from TRV and going to SFO, we land in the morning and leave the next morning, will I be able to use the business class car service to get me to my hotel in Dubai and pick me back up for my flight in the morning or is that only offered at my destination?

Also some nice hotel recommendations near walkable/fun areas would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 1:21 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
I don't think you will be able to book the car service since it is a layover. However, you may have luck getting a car to take you to your hotel if you go to the Chauffeur desk and ask for one, but likely won't be able to get a pick-up from your hotel.

There are 3 primary areas that are walkable and potentially fun (depending on your idea of fun):

1) Bur Dubai area if you want to see old Dubai and walk the Gold and Spice souk.

2) Downtown if you want to see the Burj Khalifa, go to the Dubai Mall, and see the water show.

3) JBR (Jumeriah Beach Walk) if you want an area with shops and restaurants, near the beach.

There are tons of hotels in each area, and your budget will determine which ones are suitable for you.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 3:42 am

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by quaxon
I have a long layover in Dubai coming from TRV and going to SFO, we land in the morning and leave the next morning, will I be able to use the business class car service to get me to my hotel in Dubai and pick me back up for my flight in the morning or is that only offered at my destination?

Also some nice hotel recommendations near walkable/fun areas would be appreciated. Thanks.
You can book the chauffeur drive service if your fares allows a stopover in DXB. Otherwise they wont grant you the service. Bookable afaik only via call center
Old Jun 22, 2015, 3:09 pm

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Easy way to see if you are entitled for Chauffeur Drive is to go to the website. Select "manage a booking". Go to "manage chauffeur drive bookings" and you'll be fixed.
Even if not, taxi is not expensive in Dubai.
Enjoy your stay and pay attention if it is during Ramadan.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 3:32 pm

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by ioto1902
Easy way to see if you are entitled for Chauffeur Drive is to go to the website. Select "manage a booking". Go to "manage chauffeur drive bookings" and you'll be fixed.
Even if not, taxi is not expensive in Dubai.
Enjoy your stay and pay attention if it is during Ramadan.
Wasn't possible to book the car as it wasn's a stopover (24h+) in DXB (only around 10h) so had to ring the call center for it (as I said, you fare has to allowe a stopover in DXB otherwise it is not possible)
Old Jun 22, 2015, 6:28 pm

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by kuroko
Wasn't possible to book the car as it wasn's a stopover (24h+) in DXB (only around 10h) so had to ring the call center for it (as I said, you fare has to allowe a stopover in DXB otherwise it is not possible)
THATS THE KEY - If you are allowed a stop over (most flights from India - US in biz or first allow stop overs (Except during Ramadan where some of the routes do not allow it)

I have an 8 hour connection flying from BKK to FRA (had planned to get a room in the T-3 hotel) but was pleasantly surprised to see I do have chauffeur drive during my 8 hours so I can go home and change, relax and play with my dog

to the OP - the Le Meridien is 10 min from the terminal and for many room types they offer free transfer service. While the Marina or Down Town are more fun, it could take a long long time to get there if you are arriving or departing on a Thurs or Fri night - if not, then a few recommendations are the Address Downtown or the Address Dubai Marina (There is also a Hilton and a Ramada in JBR which has very cheap rates during the summer) The Hilton is on the beach, the Ramada is part of the JBR apartment complex (2 min walk down the stairs to the beach)
Old Jun 22, 2015, 9:12 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all the advice guys, I will be arriving Jan. 9th which is Saturday around 1pm and leaving the next day at 8am. Not sure if that is during Ramadan or not?
Old Jun 22, 2015, 9:37 pm

Thanks for all the advice guys, I will be arriving Jan. 9th which is Saturday around 1pm and leaving the next day at 8am. Not sure if that is during Ramadan or not?
You realize that you can easily look up ramadan dates in 2016?

http://www.hajjguides.com/date-ramadan-2016.html
Old Jun 23, 2015, 8:23 pm

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Ramadan lasts month and just started last week. Saturday in Dubai is like Sunday in the rest of the world so you should not hit much traffic. However, going back to the airport Sunday morning you'll be at the the start of rush hour. If you go stay Downtown or in the Marina, give yourself plenty of time to get to the airport.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 8:38 pm

I have done this many times during stopovers at DXB. While you will not see the limo option in your online booking, I have never had a problem with getting a car by going to the limo desk on arrival. I was also able to book a return car at the same time.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 3:40 am

Hi there, you may rent an excellent car in "Cargets", I have rented cabriolet 2 times in cargets and I am satisfied for their service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.