Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates Lounge Access JFK, DXB, BKK on Award Ticket?

Old Apr 27, 2015, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG lifeplat, AAEXP, UA1K

Booked an award ticket thorugh JAL in Emirates First Class A380 JFK-DXB-BKK-DXB-MIL-JFK and assumed the chauffeur car and lounge access would be included since I read all the reviews from earlier in 2014/2015 about both.

However, while online and managing my reservation, only the DXB-MIL leg is "eligible" for pre-booking of the car service. I called Emireates Americas and they confirmed award tickets are not eligible for this service, which is fine, not a big deal...but the system still allowed me to book the single trip...so that's a plus.

The more concerning item for me is the lack of lounge access? Have people recently been denied lounge access in DXB, specifically the first class terminal? I was really looking forward to checking that out. I have read if you tell them it's an award ticket and not an employee ticket they eventually give you access...is this true? All of those instances were with Alaska miles, not JAL.

Has anyone had a success story for any of the lounges listed in the Title?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Old Apr 27, 2015, 10:16 am
Xlr

Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Might help to mention the booking class for each leg of the journey.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG lifeplat, AAEXP, UA1K
Originally Posted by Xlr
Might help to mention the booking class for each leg of the journey.
I looked at the ticket on the website and it just shows class as first and confirmed. I used expert flyer to piece together the trip and on their search it is "first -flex & saver award/upgrade (Z)" if that helps.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 10:44 am

You get the same lounge access regardless of who you redeemed the tickets from. It's only the chauffeur drove which is different.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 1:51 am

Programs: Starwood P100, Alaska G75, United 1K, Hilton Diamond, ANA
I was caught right in the middle of the Chauffeur Drive switch up....I had heard of people that booked shortly after me just going to the CD desk and showing their ticket and getting a car. Seems like the people working the CD desk in DXB didn't check the computer, just the class of service printed on the ticket. This is probably because the CD desk in DXB is so busy...so many CD cars/driving waiting.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.