Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Arrival Lounge In FRA?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2015, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

Arrival Lounge In FRA?

i will be arriving in FRA on a First Class ticket in mid-morning from DXB and my hotel checkin is mid-afternoon. Does EK have an arrivals lounge or could I make my way to the EK departure lounge for some rest and a shower (another ) to kill a few hours before heading into town?
Old Apr 24, 2015, 11:02 pm

No and no.

Go to the hotel, your room may be ready anyway.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 3:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ft101
No and no.

Go to the hotel, your room may be ready anyway.
Bummer...maybe just hang out in my airline suite and spa for a few hours then...let me check on the turn-around time for this fight

Other than the transit hotel, I guess maybe just flop in an airport lounger for a few hours and hit a cafe before heading into town.

Last edited by OMGImInPattaya; Apr 25, 2015 at 3:08 am Reason: more infomation
Old Apr 25, 2015, 3:08 am

Originally Posted by OMGImInPattaya
Bummer...maybe just hang out in my airline suite and spa for a few hours then...let me check on the turn-around time for this fight
Even if your room isn't ready, perhaps your hotel would store your things and let you use a shower so you can go out for breakfast somewhere in FRA?
Old Apr 25, 2015, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
Even if your room isn't ready, perhaps your hotel would store your things and let you use a shower so you can go out for breakfast somewhere in FRA?
Yes I suppose that's an option, however, I doubt I'll be very hungry after having just arrived from the First Class lounge in DXB and had the food service on the flight. I actually think I may be able to access the EK departure lounge in Frankfurt upon arrival. I know this is allowed at other lounges for premium passengers who arrive before a certain time (12:00 in most cases I believe).
Old Apr 25, 2015, 8:13 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Yes I suppose that's an option, however, I doubt I'll be very hungry after having just arrived from the First Class lounge in DXB and had the food service on the flight. I actually think I may be able to access the EK departure lounge in Frankfurt upon arrival. I know this is allowed at other lounges for premium passengers who arrive before a certain time (12:00 in most cases I believe).
They won't let you in unless you have a bp for the first eK flight out!
Old Apr 25, 2015, 8:23 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

You won't even be able to get to the departures area without a BP
Old Apr 25, 2015, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Well I guess I'll have to ask the the Emirates' chauffeur to give me a 4 hour tour of Frankfurt before taking me to my hotel.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 10:17 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Well I guess I'll have to ask the the Emirates' chauffeur to give me a 4 hour tour of Frankfurt before taking me to my hotel.
Dump bags at hotel go for a beer coffee food return get room...
Old Apr 25, 2015, 11:31 am

You can walk around Frankfurt in about 2 hours. It's a very compact city.

Where are you staying? I can give you some hints, as I used to work there.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 11:37 am

I really think OP is over planing this.

Upon landing, give the hotel a call, suggest your FIRST class flight arrived early, and if you get to checkin a bit earlier as your PERSONAL chauffeur will be dropping you soon into their property. Don't forget to mention how important you are

If you reach the hotel after 11am, and had a nice call to them beforehand, there is a good chance your room is ready. Otherwise, leaving your luggage and burning some of those FIRST class calories won't hurt
Old Apr 25, 2015, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
You can walk around Frankfurt in about 2 hours. It's a very compact city.

Where are you staying? I can give you some hints, as I used to work there.
Wow that is small...I'm there 3 days, do I even need a local transit (uBahn) pass? I'm staying at the Citadines City Centre (near the Skyline Plaza Shopping Centre) for 2 nites before moving on to MUC.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
I really think OP is over planing this.

Upon landing, give the hotel a call, suggest your FIRST class flight arrived early, and if you get to checkin a bit earlier as your PERSONAL chauffeur will be dropping you soon into their property. Don't forget to mention how important you are

If you reach the hotel after 11am, and had a nice call to them beforehand, there is a good chance your room is ready. Otherwise, leaving your luggage and burning some of those FIRST class calories won't hurt
Hard to play important when staying at the 3-Star Citadines chain...it will be hard enough riding along with Jeves after I've told him where to take me

But good enough...I'll notify them by email of my flight arrival time and just play it by ear when I arrive. At worst, there is a Starbucks (a Chipotle too) at the Skyline Plaza mall close by according to Google Maps
Old Apr 25, 2015, 3:42 pm

Wow that is small...I'm there 3 days, do I even need a local transit (uBahn) pass? I'm staying at the Citadines City Centre (near the Skyline Plaza Shopping Centre) for 2 nites before moving on to MUC.
No need for a pass. You can walk everywhere

This place is great :-

http://www.apfelwein-wagner.com
Old Apr 25, 2015, 7:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
No need for a pass. You can walk everywhere

This place is great :-

http://www.apfelwein-wagner.com
Looks like a very German place...I understand "apfelwein" is apple-wine or apple cider? Thanks for the tip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.