Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Transit visa for traveling to Bhutan

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2015, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

I saw another thread a while back about someone flying from DXB to DEL, connecting to Paro via Druk Air. My situation is slightly different.

I'm flying SFO-DXB-DEL, connecting to Paro via Druk Air. I looked on Timaticweb but not sure if I'm reading it correctly. Does that mean I don't need any transit visa. I can just carry on everything if have to.

DXB - DEL flight lands at 2:35am.
DEL - Paro flight leaves at 6:35am.

Would I have problem boarding in SFO if the EK check-in agents don't see India transit visa? Can I print my boarding pass from DEL to Paro online?

For transit in India
Visa required, except for Holders of an Overseas Citizen of
India Card or Booklet, or:
Visa required, except for Holders of a Person of Indian Origin
(PIO) Card, or:
TWOV (Transit Without Visa):
Visa required, except for Holders of confirmed onward tickets
for a max. transit For details, click here time of 24 hours.
- Hotel facilities are available in Terminal 3 at Delhi (DEL),
provided holding boarding card for connecting flight.

Additional Information:
- Holders of visas that specifically state the city/airport of
entry must enter India at the specified city/airport.

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 5:17 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
This may give you an idea

http://travel.stackexchange.com/ques...without-a-visa
Old Apr 24, 2015, 5:19 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by 5DMarkIIguy
I saw another thread a while back about someone flying from DXB to DEL, connecting to Paro via Druk Air. My situation is slightly different.

I'm flying SFO-DXB-DEL, connecting to Paro via Druk Air. I looked on Timaticweb but not sure if I'm reading it correctly. Does that mean I don't need any transit visa. I can just carry on everything if have to.

DXB - DEL flight lands at 2:35am.
DEL - Paro flight leaves at 6:35am.

Would I have problem boarding in SFO if the EK check-in agents don't see India transit visa? Can I print my boarding pass from DEL to Paro online?

For transit in India
Visa required, except for Holders of an Overseas Citizen of
India Card or Booklet, or:
Visa required, except for Holders of a Person of Indian Origin
(PIO) Card, or:
TWOV (Transit Without Visa):
Visa required, except for Holders of confirmed onward tickets
for a max. transit For details, click here time of 24 hours.
- Hotel facilities are available in Terminal 3 at Delhi (DEL),
provided holding boarding card for connecting flight.

Additional Information:
- Holders of visas that specifically state the city/airport of
entry must enter India at the specified city/airport.

Thanks in advance.
Cannot give you an answer on your Q authoritatively. But your quote says except for Holders of confirmed onward tickets.

Strongly suggest carrying paper copies of ALL travel segments with you.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 5:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Thanks, I saw that thread prior to posting actually.
The best answer was for tickets made under a single booking with potential baggage transfer issue. Since I'm willing to travel light, I'm not sure if his information is in line with my situation & in line with Timatic either.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 12:30 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
I am in a very similar situation. I have transit in KTM right now and of course I am trying to avoid KTM by going via CCU, but I don't think I can get a visa fast enough before I leave, so I am trying to see if I could transit in CCU without visa on two different ticket. One from DOH on QR and one to Paro on Drukair.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
I am in a very similar situation. I have transit in KTM right now and of course I am trying to avoid KTM by going via CCU, but I don't think I can get a visa fast enough before I leave, so I am trying to see if I could transit in CCU without visa on two different ticket. One from DOH on QR and one to Paro on Drukair.
Worst case scenario : check consulate of India , look for VISA with electronic authorization. Maybe under an old tab Visa on Arrival.
This needs four days.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 1:29 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by HMPS
Worst case scenario : check consulate of India , look for VISA with electronic authorization. Maybe under an old tab Visa on Arrival.
This needs four days.
I am leaving from US on Thursday. I am not a US citizen and they won't have electronic authorization for me before June 15, hence too late. I've explored all avenues... Sending someone to the consulate, going to the consulate myself etc.... The clear answer from everybody I talked to is a single word: impossible.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
I am leaving from US on Thursday. I am not a US citizen and they won't have electronic authorization for me before June 15, hence too late. I've explored all avenues... Sending someone to the consulate, going to the consulate myself etc.... The clear answer from everybody I talked to is a single word: impossible.
Understand.
Depending on where you are, if there is an Indian Consulate it is worth a try in person. please check their web site, they have outsourced much of the work to Cox & King. Worth a try.
DOH should have a Consulate too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.