Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aircraft rotation

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2015, 12:07 pm

The main A380 cabin enhancements are from A6-EEF onwards.

Here's the thread from a couple of years ago outlining them:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...ancements.html

There were also changes from A6-EEL (increased MTOW) and A6-EEU with two extra seats in Y.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Gold
Thanks for all your replies. I am really looking forward to my first long haul experience on EK's A380 and I am sure I'll have a great flight no matter which rego will be my ride on EK 435 next Wednesday.

Cheers from Brisbane,

pswissoz
Old Apr 23, 2015, 5:52 am

Programs: QF QP
Originally Posted by pswissoz
Is there a major difference with the business class seats and the inflight entertainment ?
There is no major difference. If it is your first time in Business on EK you will enjoy the experience in either type. Most people would be hard pressed to tell the difference. My first time on the new type, after many journeys on the old type, I could tell it was slightly different, but the differences are minor.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 7:17 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Airvan00
There is no major difference. If it is your first time in Business on EK you will enjoy the experience in either type. Most people would be hard pressed to tell the difference. My first time on the new type, after many journeys on the old type, I could tell it was slightly different, but the differences are minor.
I think the new planes are much better - the old ones look tired...
Old Apr 23, 2015, 9:30 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by m3red
Only when compared to the old - otherwise the old ones will seem just as nice for a first time flyer on EK J.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 10:10 am

Programs: EK Gold
I was in 2K on A6-EEF about a month ago, someone had spilt (what looked like) half a bottle of ink onto the carpet and the window was scratched (like deliberately, someone had tried to carve something into the plastic on the window)

I know that was extreme to say the least however the suite looked very tatty for an aircraft of its age.

I'm sure it would have been (or will be) swapped out at some point.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 10:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by RichL
I was in 2K on A6-EEF about a month ago, someone had spilt (what looked like) half a bottle of ink onto the carpet and the window was scratched (like deliberately, someone had tried to carve something into the plastic on the window)

I know that was extreme to say the least however the suite looked very tatty for an aircraft of its age.

I'm sure it would have been (or will be) swapped out at some point.
Not good.

Did the cabin have a full load .... ..? If not I would have been inclined to ask to be moved - but maybe no other window suites available.....?

I think only when totally unavoidable should a F pax be 'allowed' to fly in a substandard suite. Frequent travellers can perhaps make allowances over time - but I often think about how someone would feel if it they had spent big money and booked F as a very special treat. Could easily put them off EK (or any offending airline) for life.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 12:30 pm

I didn't ask to move to be fair (accidents can happen with the ink but the window was deliberate)

Oh yeah and that was my first F flight - Auckland to Dubai!!
Old Apr 23, 2015, 9:44 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by subject2load
Not good.

Did the cabin have a full load .... ..? If not I would have been inclined to ask to be moved - but maybe no other window suites available.....?

I think only when totally unavoidable should a F pax be 'allowed' to fly in a substandard suite. Frequent travellers can perhaps make allowances over time - but I often think about how someone would feel if it they had spent big money and booked F as a very special treat. Could easily put them off EK (or any offending airline) for life.
A few years ago I was travelling back from Delhi in f (one other person in f) and they moved us from row 1 to row 2 at the gate proactively due to an issue with the suite.

Agree you shouldn't have to put up with a really tatty suite.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 11:39 pm

A few years ago I was travelling back from Delhi in f (one other person in f) and they moved us from row 1 to row 2 at the gate proactively due to an issue with the suite.

Agree you shouldn't have to put up with a really tatty suite.
I had upgraded myself to F out of LHR a few days ago, and when I boarded the purser took me through to the F cabin and asked if I minded changing suites as the ICE in my suite had been temperamental. She said she had rebooted it, and thought it was now fixed, but just wanted to be safe.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 3:45 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

But compared to a BA 747...
Old Apr 27, 2015, 11:47 pm
Original Poster

Missed the oldest bird by a day

Hey guys,

A6-EDA seems to be tonight's ride EK 435 AKL-BNE-DXB. Come on EK planners, send me a new bird in a couple of hours as EK 434.

Chauffeur service just confirmed my pick-up at 5:30pm tomorrow. Am as excited as a little child in a candy store. Funny how I seem to get more excited about overseas trips the older I get

Cheers from Brisbane,

pswissoz
Old Apr 28, 2015, 12:27 am

Programs: Skywards
Ek435 on the 30th is A6-EEK, delivery August 13.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 1:05 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by kuroko
Ek435 on the 30th is A6-EEK, delivery August 13.
There you go ^
Old Apr 28, 2015, 1:30 am
Original Poster

Brilliant. Counting the hours until I get picked-up. Need a break from work !!!

Cheers from Brisbane,

pswissoz

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.