Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Your Skywards Questions Answered 2015/2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your Skywards Questions Answered 2015/2016

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2015, 3:24 pm

Programs: Skywards, Miles&More
Hi, is it normal that you don't get your new card in three weeks time as they wrote you in the email? Now is over 4 weeks since I got their email for verifing my address.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by TM78
Hi, is it normal that you don't get your new card in three weeks time as they wrote you in the email? Now is over 4 weeks since I got their email for verifing my address.
Yes - I would only start to worry if it starts to get to around 8 weeks. EK are quite disorganised when it comes to card dispatch

If you are looking to make an on board upgrade or somehow need a card, might I suggest that at the airport ticketing desk or lounge, explain that your card is still being dispatched but you may need it on board, and if they can print out your skywards account detail for you that you can use instead.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by TM78
If you're keen to have something to hand-over/show, you can print it out from the website. Put the two images back to back and laminate for robustness.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
Yes - I would only start to worry if it starts to get to around 8 weeks. EK are quite disorganised when it comes to card dispatch

If you are looking to make an on board upgrade or somehow need a card, might I suggest that at the airport ticketing desk or lounge, explain that your card is still being dispatched but you may need it on board, and if they can print out your skywards account detail for you that you can use instead.
Thank you so much for the answer.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 3:21 am

Originally Posted by ft101
If you're keen to have something to hand-over/show, you can print it out from the website. Put the two images back to back and laminate for robustness.
No, it's just that two years ago my first card came on time ( in 3 weeks ) and it was just weird to me that this time is still somewhere on the way.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 3:54 am

Programs: IHG Ambassador, Air NZ lowly Jade now, Emirates
Economy flight flex plus akl to man this Sunday. No upgrades were available but an opening on the dxb to man leg has opened up. If we use points to take that upgrade and then Mel to dxb comes free will it discount the points needed. Dxb to man is 30k. Mel to dxb is 54k but akl to man is 70k. My husband only has 71k of points. Should he wait to see if he can get upgrade all the way when he gets to airport or take that last leg while he can. He is gold.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 12:47 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Susiew237
Economy flight flex plus akl to man this Sunday. No upgrades were available but an opening on the dxb to man leg has opened up. If we use points to take that upgrade and then Mel to dxb comes free will it discount the points needed. Dxb to man is 30k. Mel to dxb is 54k but akl to man is 70k. My husband only has 71k of points. Should he wait to see if he can get upgrade all the way when he gets to airport or take that last leg while he can. He is gold.
Take dxb man now and if you get the first leg at the airport cancel the man one and upgrade all the way with points.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 1:38 am

Originally Posted by m3red
Take dxb man now and if you get the first leg at the airport cancel the man one and upgrade all the way with points.
Only if you can confirm at the airport that if you cancel the first leg upgrade, you can then get it back again. No point cancelling the first leg, taking DXB-MAN and then having "computer says no" for the first leg
Old Mar 15, 2015, 11:39 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
Only if you can confirm at the airport that if you cancel the first leg upgrade, you can then get it back again. No point cancelling the first leg, taking DXB-MAN and then having "computer says no" for the first leg
I'm pretty sure they hold the seat...
Old Mar 22, 2015, 11:46 am

Programs: EK Skywards, Flying Blue, QR Privilege Club, Gulf Air, Egypt Air Plus
How long before miles credit for a Hertz rental? It's now three weeks since I returned the car @ BKK & still nothing.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 2:07 pm
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Your Skywards Questions Answered 2015

New thread for 2015
Old Mar 28, 2015, 7:45 am

Programs: skywards gold
My daughter is flying GLA-BNE on an economy saver ticket-I would like to upgrade her to business using my points-I realise this can only be done at check in on a saver ticket-will they allow me to use my points to do this if I am with her at check in? Will they be able to upgrade her the whole way or just the GLA-DXB portion? Thanks for any advice
Old Mar 28, 2015, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by petersphilip
My daughter is flying GLA-BNE on an economy saver ticket-I would like to upgrade her to business using my points-I realise this can only be done at check in on a saver ticket-will they allow me to use my points to do this if I am with her at check in? Will they be able to upgrade her the whole way or just the GLA-DXB portion? Thanks for any advice
At their discretion but it is possible - but only for the GLA-DXB part. For DXB-BNE it will need to be done at DXB.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by petersphilip
Check in opens 24 hours before a flight so doing it on line then may save you going to the airport, and may also allow the second leg to be upgraded (availability permitting).

I'm not sure how the third leg is dealt with if she is on EK432 via SIN.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 11:10 am

Programs: skywards gold
shes on 434 direct to bne so will try on line check in-thanks for your help-btw thought id transfer 25000 miles to her but was going to be charged £425 -could be economy for her!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.