Emirates JFK to MXP (Milan) deal.

Old Mar 24, 2015, 5:23 am
Original Poster

Emirates JFK to MXP (Milan) deal.

I just saw on the points guy blog that Emirates has special fairs for economy and business class for JFK to MXP on their A380 if booked by March 26th and travel by August 22nd.

Economy - $650
Business - $1900

Hope this is the correct forum to post this in.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 12:25 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Poking a hungry lion with a stick

Very good prices indeed. Especially with the Euro exchange rate.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Poking a hungry lion with a stick

Very good prices indeed. Especially with the Euro exchange rate.
lol - I really want to experience this top of luxury in the sky. Wife said no to this year. But I'm not giving up. I broke her down to caving in and staying at FS Maui. Ever since then we have been lucky enough to stay at other FS properties.

I think I can break her down and splurge on this as well. lol
Old Mar 24, 2015, 3:49 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by DetailsIM
lol - I really want to experience this top of luxury in the sky. Wife said no to this year. But I'm not giving up. I broke her down to caving in and staying at FS Maui. Ever since then we have been lucky enough to stay at other FS properties.

I think I can break her down and splurge on this as well. lol
Go for it... Even for a long weekend. It's not the FS, but you can get the Ritz Carlson Battery Park for reasonable rates at the weekends.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 4:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K Hyatt Globalist Marriott Lifetime Plat
Can I make my connection?

Really considering booking this. It would be my first time flying EK and their business class on the A380 is very tempting.

A question for those who may have flown this route before:
I am planning on flying from JFK-LAX the same night (7/15/15) I land from MXP on EK (7 PM arrival at Terminal 4). I am typically a UA flyer and they have a 8:20 PM departure from Terminal 7. My wife and I are not planning on checking bags and we both have global entry.

How likely is it that we can make this work if we're going to be in business class? My other option would be to take the 9:30 PM Jet Blue flight.

Any advice would be much appreciated...
Old Mar 26, 2015, 8:43 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Miler, Bonvoy Titanium, occasional AA Gold
Emirates Promotional Fares are a Scam?

I received an email from EK Skyward program advertising $1900 R/T Business class pp for two pax JFK to MXP. I tried four different dates, and each time during the process of purchasing the ticket online it TWICE confirmed that the fare was available. Then when I reached the final screen, only AFTER I entered my credit card info, it increased the fare by $2400, saying the "quoted fare was no longer available". The increase notice was actually in quite a small green font on the screen, and I didn't even notice it but the person sitting with me was luckily much more alert than I.

I called the airline but gave up after 15 minutes on hold.

This will be my first experience with EK and I suppose it will be my last. Has anyone else had similar experiences. I thought they were a reputable airline actually. I have never seen such blatant bait and switch tactics. It's one thing for the fare to be sold out, but quite another to confirm twice that it's available, and then try to tack on an extra $2400 at the very end.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 8:46 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Miler, Bonvoy Titanium, occasional AA Gold
Is it really available?

Was anyone successful in buying this fare? I tried four different dates, and for each pair of dates it confirmed availability of the fare TWICE during the purchase process only to be told at the end after I entered my credit card (in small green print) that they were adding on an extra $2400 because the quote fare was no longer available! I am not sure it was ever really available.

Last edited by 60614; Mar 26, 2015 at 8:47 pm Reason: clarification
Old Mar 26, 2015, 10:55 pm

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
I purchased two business class tickets JFK to Mxp for 1898 rt each on Tuesday 3/24. No issues with booking.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 9:41 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Successful purchase

I was successful buying Wednesday afternoon for a trip in June.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.