Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

SAVER only available on certain destinations?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2015, 12:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Etihad Guest Gold

I'm looking at flights to the UK, DXB to MAN 2nd of July back on the 6th of July...

I've just noticed that Emirates does not have any SAVER fares on this route. By this, I mean SAVER fare are not sold out. They are just not offered.

However if you check DXB - LHR on the same dates, it shows SAVER FARE, FLEX, FLEX PLUS etc.. and SAVER fares are sold out.

How come SAVER FARES just don't exist on the DXB - MAN? Is it just a sneaky way of pushing the prices up?

On a more general note, I'm really not happy with Emirates new price structure and total devaluation of miles. I'm Skywards gold and fly quite a lot. However, I won't be maintaining my status. I really don't see the point of paying a lot more for flights just to maintain some benefits which are not that great anymore...

Here we go, I just had my morning rant but I'm just curious if someone has an answer to the non-existing saver fares for certain destinations.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 12:20 am

Short answer: yes, they are pushing prices up (especially as you are originating in DXB!)

Long answer: similar situation with the Economy Specials only appearing on certain routes. Revenue managers think they can fill the remaining seats without needing to open any other fare buckets. I suspect their IT system distinguishes between sold-out and fare not offered from this originating point internally, although marketing should probably tell them to present it in a standard format to avoid this very situation.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 12:57 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
One reason may be that July 2-3 out of Dubai will be the first day of summer exodus after schools are out....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.