Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

What is the biggest size rollerboard that fits in an F Suite?

Old Mar 1, 2015, 8:05 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: EK Plat, UA GS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Amex Centurion

The title pretty much says it all. I've been using my tumi alpha 20 inch carry on for a while, but I'm tempted to switch to the tumi alpha 2 22inch (which is actually about 24 inches tall).

If anyone has the 22 inch, did it fit in that area in the suite for carry ons (the area with the belt to hold the bag in place). I don't wanna get it and risk it being too tall to fit there.

Thanks for any help!

Last edited by Emirates202; Mar 1, 2015 at 8:13 pm
Old Mar 1, 2015, 9:42 pm

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
I have the classic 22in Tumi Int'l expandable (2 wheels). Fits just fine, even standing up.

You can fit a lot down there. I usually strap my bag in, but no one ever checks.

Here's a photo (not mine) to give you a sense of the space:
http://flightsandfrustration.com/wp-...lass-Suite.jpg

Last edited by extramileage; Mar 1, 2015 at 9:47 pm Reason: added photo link
Old Mar 2, 2015, 1:58 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by extramileage
I have the classic 22in Tumi Int'l expandable (2 wheels). Fits just fine, even standing up.

You can fit a lot down there. I usually strap my bag in, but no one ever checks.

Here's a photo (not mine) to give you a sense of the space:
http://flightsandfrustration.com/wp-...lass-Suite.jpg
nothing like an F pax on the floor putting the straps on
Old Mar 2, 2015, 2:54 am

Isn't a roller board like a moveable pallet/skateboard thing?

OP: 22in carry-on is fine
Old Mar 2, 2015, 8:40 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
The only issue will be if there is an aircraft switch at the last minute. There's tonnes of space there anyway. The weird thing is that some of the F crew don't know how to put the straps nor do they tell the pax.

Very often I can hear the bags of other F pax falling on the side or falling backwards during takeoff. Harmless, I agree but can be a disaster if there is a glass bottle in the bag.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 12:47 pm

Programs: BA, TK, EK
I find the crew check and always struggle to put the straps on. Most of the time I get an appreciative comment when they see I've secured it myself.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 5:24 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: EK Plat, UA GS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Amex Centurion
Thanks for the help everyone! I couldn't remember how much extra space there is after I put my bag there.

Extramileage, have you carried it on domestic US flights as well? Has it fit in the overhead on A320s/757s? I've heard that it is too big to fit wheels first in the overhead so am a bit worried about that.

I strap mine in as well. I just don't like having to get on the floor to do it, but oh well!
Old Mar 2, 2015, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by Emirates202
Thanks for the help everyone! I couldn't remember how much extra space there is after I put my bag there.

Extramileage, have you carried it on domestic US flights as well? Has it fit in the overhead on A320s/757s? I've heard that it is too big to fit wheels first in the overhead so am a bit worried about that.

I strap mine in as well. I just don't like having to get on the floor to do it, but oh well!
I've carried on to US domestic flights as well and I'm fairly certain it fits wheels first in the A320 and newer B737 overhead bins. Can't say for the 757s. There must be an FT forum that can verify this. The newer 4-wheel model may not fit, however.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by m3red
nothing like an F pax on the floor putting the straps on
It's so awkward!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.