Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DXB: A Tale of 2 Terminals!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2015, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by extramileage
T2 has some of the more "exotic" destinations, but if you have an e-gate card, it's the fastest terminal to get out of upon arrival.

(my A380 flight last night landed in T1 C gates... and that's a looong walk back to T3 arrivals)
I once had a Concourse C arrival, connecting to the furthest eastern gate on Concourse A...that was some good exercise...!
Old Feb 22, 2015, 11:17 pm

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by aceboy44
I'm talking about personal (metal detector) search that gets performed when you land in Singapore. Why do I have to remove my belt, smart-phone, wallet, coins, etc. and be searched all over again when I'm clearly heading towards immigration rather than a connecting flight?
When was this, where were you flying from and what terminal?
I have never been made to go through any sort of security screening at SIN upon arrival, only when departing.

I've been made to go through security to even enter the terminal at AMM and DXB (yet, oddly, only certain check in areas). Should I be getting offended because of this?
Old Feb 23, 2015, 12:05 am

Programs: WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by Himeno
When was this, where were you flying from and what terminal?
I have never been made to go through any sort of security screening at SIN upon arrival, only when departing.

I've been made to go through security to even enter the terminal at AMM and DXB (yet, oddly, only certain check in areas). Should I be getting offended because of this?
Arriving at SIN by MAS from KUL

If no other developed country treats you like this, then yes, you should be offended by this treatment.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 2:28 am

Originally Posted by malgudi
T1
  • Work in Progress (at best)
  • Long lines to clear immigration both entry and departure, no fast track.
Not to nitpick, but there is FastTrack available in T1 arrivals that is provided to premium passengers by participating airlines (not all airlines choose to participate though as there is a cost to them for this service).

Also, anyone can purchase FastTrack via Marhaba for both arrivals and departures at T1.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 2:52 am

Programs: Global Mercenary
Originally Posted by B747-437B
Not to nitpick, but there is FastTrack available in T1 arrivals that is provided to premium passengers by participating airlines (not all airlines choose to participate though as there is a cost to them for this service).

Also, anyone can purchase FastTrack via Marhaba for both arrivals and departures at T1.
I've landed at dxb multiple times in J on UA and LH and received fast track passes each time. but the premium pax line at immigration was never open - maybe they land too late?
Old Feb 23, 2015, 4:18 am

Programs: QFF
Arriving at SIN by MAS from KUL
I have flown that route (KUL-SIN MH) twice. Did not get checked on arrival by SIN security.
It is possible Singapore heard something about that flight and required a check prior to releasing the pax into the transit area.
No different to random CBP gate checks at US airports or extra screening for targeted flights all over the world.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 4:25 am

Originally Posted by Himeno
I have flown that route (KUL-SIN MH) twice. Did not get checked on arrival by SIN security.
It is possible Singapore heard something about that flight and required a check prior to releasing the pax into the transit area.
No different to random CBP gate checks at US airports or extra screening for targeted flights all over the world.
I did not notice some passengers getting screened while others are getting away with it. As I was walking down the hallway to the immigration, it was clearly obvious that all incoming flights go through screening, regardless whether or not you're transiting in SIN.

Me and my family were offended by this action. It was my first (and probably last) time visiting Singapore..... Not to mention the arrogant attitude of the population there

Huge difference with my experience between SIN and HKG...... despite both being developed countries....

Last edited by aceboy44; Feb 23, 2015 at 4:32 am
Old Feb 23, 2015, 12:29 pm

Lotion is a prohibited substance in Singapore and they may have had a tip-off that someone might be intending to attempt smuggling some across the border

Now remind me, what has any of this to do with DXB terminals?
Old Feb 23, 2015, 12:45 pm

Programs: Global Mercenary
I did not notice some passengers getting screened while others are getting away with it. As I was walking down the hallway to the immigration, it was clearly obvious that all incoming flights go through screening, regardless whether or not you're transiting in SIN.

Me and my family were offended by this action. It was my first (and probably last) time visiting Singapore..... Not to mention the arrogant attitude of the population there

Huge difference with my experience between SIN and HKG...... despite both being developed countries....
Why were you offended if they screened everyone? Wouldn't you be more offended if they only selected your family?

Sounds like you should have visited a "massage parlor" while you were there - your opinion would be a little different!!
Old Feb 23, 2015, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by vj_rama
Why were you offended if they screened everyone? Wouldn't you be more offended if they only selected your family?
How many times do I have to repeat myself? If other developed countries (Dubai, Seoul, Hong Kong, Tokyo, etc.) do not screen you upon arrival, then Singapore has no right to screen me as well.

Why doe that matter any ways? Singapore lost me as a tourist. They need to start learning how to respect their customers (tourists.)
Old Feb 23, 2015, 10:13 pm

I wonder if everyone is aware that Singapore has some of the most draconian laws on earth. I'm not complaining only informing. Do you realize that you can pass through Singapore Immigration and then Customs, thus entering the country. Immigration authorities can then pull you to the side and bring you to the rest room. There you can be made to give a urine sample or a follicle of hair. If the sample is positive for drugs you will be arrested and imprisoned. By the way, punishment for most drug use in Singapore is the death penalty or you may get lucky and get life without parole. You can be arrested for holding hands with your wife or girlfriend openly on the street. Being openly gay can get you a long prison sentence. Taking photos in the subway or of government buildings can get you arrested and your camera confiscated. The Australian Consulate disseminates a document to all Australian citizens who work in, live in, or visit Singapore. It's simply a listing of all of the unique laws that you can be arrested under and imprisoned. The list is two pages long. Also, If an Immigration officer does not like the way you look, dress, or act he can refuse you entry to the country. Doesn't have to explain. You will have to get the next flight out to another country at your own expense. That being said Singapore is probably the cleanest country with the least crime on earth. It also has the highest standard of living.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 10:24 pm

Choo-choo: OMNI approaching!
Old Feb 23, 2015, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by vj_rama
I've landed at dxb multiple times in J on UA and LH and received fast track passes each time. but the premium pax line at immigration was never open - maybe they land too late?
The premium line (extreme right next to the E-Gate and GCC desks) is open 24/7 and I have never seen it not open because Marhaba sells access to it as a major revenue source for them. There is always a staff member monitoring the entrance to collect the invitations/vouchers.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 10:58 pm
Suspended

How many times do I have to repeat myself? If other developed countries (Dubai, Seoul, Hong Kong, Tokyo, etc.) do not screen you upon arrival, then Singapore has no right to screen me as well.

Why doe that matter any ways? Singapore lost me as a tourist. They need to start learning how to respect their customers (tourists.)
It seems like your world is rapidly getting smaller, given your habit of boycotting countries and airlines that have offended you. Soon you won't have any reason to maintain your FT membership.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by Nickolash27
It seems like your world is rapidly getting smaller, given your habit of boycotting countries and airlines that have offended you. Soon you won't have any reason to maintain your FT membership.

(Dubai, Seoul, Hong Kong, Tokyo, etc.)
One country and airline off the list will probably not effect the places I have in mind to visit, so not really sure what you meant by "your world is rapidly getting smaller"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.