Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Instant Upgrade Onward Sector

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2015, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Instant Upgrade Onward Sector

Has anyone successfully upgraded using miles at the check-in desk at an outstation for the onward connecting sector in a transit itinerary, that is, on a AAA-DXB-BBB journey, managed to upgrade the DXB-BBB sector at station AAA?
Old Jan 29, 2015, 8:18 pm

Programs: EK Pleb
Last November, my wife and I were travelling BKK-DXB-LGW (rtn) on Y savers (no upgrade until check in). We had just enough miles to upgrade to J on DXB-LGW leg.

When checking in online, it advised that no upgrades available. Arrived early to check in at BKK and requested an upgrade on second leg. The checking lady informed us that upgrade seats were available but she could not do it, and called the supervisor.

The supervisor explained that the DXB-LGW leg was now under the control of DXB and they (BKK) could only make upgrades on the BKK-DXB leg. I asked the supervisor if it was possible for her to contact DXB and make the request for us. She said that she could not and advised us to wait until we got to BXB and make request there.

Upon arrival at DXB we went straight to the transit counter close to the arrival gate and they upgrade us within a few minutes. Thankfully, there were still two seats together left.

Last edited by Oldtiger; Jan 29, 2015 at 8:27 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.