Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Lounge access - Qantas Gold (EK metal)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2015, 3:09 am
Original Poster

I'm relatively new to the rules & regulations that belong to a FF programme so apologies if this is a stupid question!

Husband and I (both QF Gold) are flying Y on Emirates metal (QF flight number) from LHR to Dubai with 2 friends (who have no status).

I was hoping that we could get all 4 of us access to business class lounges. I thought we could use the Emirates lounge at LHR T3 but I'm not 100% sure.

Can anyone confirm if we can do this and if we can use an Emirates business class lounge in Dubai for the return trip?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 4:22 am

Specifically at LHR, you must use the operating carrier lounge - so you will be able to use the EK Lounge and guest people in as you are QF Gold. Having the QF flight number also means you get status credits. At other locations with both a QF and EK lounge you can use either.

You can also use the EK J lounges at DXB and guest in your friends (one each) - as long as they are travelling on the same flight as you. You can also use the premium check-in/fast track at DXB.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Thank you

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
Specifically at LHR, you must use the operating carrier lounge - so you will be able to use the EK Lounge and guest people in as you are QF Gold. Having the QF flight number also means you get status credits. At other locations with both a QF and EK lounge you can use either.

You can also use the EK J lounges at DXB and guest in your friends (one each) - as long as they are travelling on the same flight as you. You can also use the premium check-in/fast track at DXB.
Great, thanks for your advice - it's much appreciated.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 6:33 am

Do note that you need to have the QF number on the booking and "QF GOLD" printed on your boarding pass to enter the lounge - no double dipping using QF status benefits for lounge access but crediting to earn EK miles

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.