Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gates at DXB

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2015, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Gates at DXB

Will be flying from BHX through DXB to SYD in November - returning a few weeks later

How soon before a flight does Emirates announce which gate the next flight will be departing from?

I dont want to miss a connection !!
Old Jan 28, 2015, 12:17 pm

A few hours before.

If you've a reasonable transit time, you can display the gate information on ICE on your inbound flight.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 12:18 pm

Programs: WoH Globalist
Sometimes during your flight (before landing in Dubai) on the flight channel they would post the flight numbers, along with their destinations, times, and gate numbers. Just search on the flight information channel and see your gate number for your connecting flight.

Alternatively, you could always ask the airport staff (there is like a reception area) which are not so difficult to spot, and they would tell you which gate to go to for your connecting flight.

Flight monitors are also installed in various locations around the airport, so knowing your gate number for your connecting flight should not be difficult. Oh and happy flying with Emirates
Old Jan 28, 2015, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Thank you both for your replies

I have a 3 hour connection to Sydney and 2hr 45min connection on the return

I had no idea that I could view flight info on the ICE system - Thats a clever trick !!

This will be my very first long haul flight - First of many I hope !!
Old Jan 28, 2015, 12:44 pm

Programs: EK Gold
If your on the evening EK38 and depending if it departs on time, you should have 3 hours at least for your EK412 connection.

If those are indeed your flights...

Edit: posted a minute afterwards!!
Old Jan 28, 2015, 12:51 pm

Programs: WoH Globalist
Here's a tip, sometimes I have transit time as short as 1.5 hours, so if the security line is too long and/or someone is taking too long to be checked, just tell security or a member of airport staff that you have short transit time (have your boarding pass with you as proof just in case,) and they may speed you through security (that's what I do when I have extremely limited transit time.)

3 hours connection should be nothing to worry about assuming you know your way
Old Jan 28, 2015, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

security line even though I`m in transit ?!

I figured I would get off the first plane EK38 and wait in Terminal 3 for the next plane EK412?? No?...

Apologies first time at DXB !!
Old Jan 28, 2015, 1:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: United GS, Emirates iO (Invitation Only)
Originally Posted by iain30stafford
security line even though I`m in transit ?!

I figured I would get off the first plane EK38 and wait in Terminal 3 for the next plane EK412?? No?...

Apologies first time at DXB !!
Yes there is a transit security check. There's usually always transit security when connecting to and from international flights in most airport around the world.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 2:29 pm

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Originally Posted by Houstonflyer2139
Yes there is a transit security check. There's usually always transit security when connecting to and from international flights in most airport around the world.
Yes there is a transit security check.
Be warned : you may have to queue a little bit. There used to be a fast lane for premium passengers, but don't count on it. Never saw it working properly.
You'll have to take out electronic devices, but they seem to be more relaxed on liquids.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 9:42 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold | South African Airways Voyager Gold
Originally Posted by ioto1902
Yes there is a transit security check.
Be warned : you may have to queue a little bit. There used to be a fast lane for premium passengers, but don't count on it. Never saw it working properly.
You'll have to take out electronic devices, but they seem to be more relaxed on liquids.
They have never asked me to take out my laptop or iPad from my carry on.

You do have to empty your pockets (including phones).
Old Feb 5, 2015, 10:15 pm

For EK412 there will be another security check point at the gate, looking for liquids and duty free liquor. An agent will also verify the visa/passport.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 7:11 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Ahmed777

There was (maybe still is?) a random check at the boarding gate on flights to the UK and USA.

I got pulled up last year. I had to switch on all my electrical items.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 10:51 pm

Programs: Emirates Silver, BA, Flying Blue, Virgin, IHG
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Originally Posted by Ahmed777

There was (maybe still is?) a random check at the boarding gate on flights to the UK and USA.

I got pulled up last year. I had to switch on all my electrical items.
Random check on electrical for UK flights is till happening (well it was two weeks ago)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.