Wiki Posts
Search

Which B777 have wifi?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2015, 2:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Which B777 have wifi?

Is there a list of B777 aircraft (registrations) which are wifi enabled?
Old Jan 28, 2015, 4:07 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Would also be interested to know. I've started noting it, but only have a few.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 4:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by extramileage
Did you happen to note if A6-EGP has wifi?
Old Jan 28, 2015, 4:17 am

Pretty much the older 777s have it - so EB and EC series. EG is too new. However, it's slowly being retrofitted - but likely on standard maintenance cycles so you'll have to wait for the middle-aged planes to go through that. Not sure if the very latest 777s have it.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 6:55 am

Chauffeur cars

Originally Posted by extramileage
Could you list them?
Are the SSID's just supposed to show up normally or do the crew have to do something?

I've been on these recently:
A6-ENF
A6-ENC
A6-EGK

None had Wi-Fi.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 7:08 am

The SSID "OnAir" will be visible even when the plane is on the ground if the aircraft is equipped with Wi-Fi. All the planes with OnAir have Live TV but I think there's one or two aircraft with Live TV but no wi-fi. And sometimes OnAir is available and you can create the account and pay your 1 USD, but nothing happens. In those cases though, OnAir is pretty good at giving you a proactive refund. Note on the 777s, there is no 10MB free, you have to pay 1USD straight away to get 600MB data.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 9:08 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold | South African Airways Voyager Gold
A6-ENC
A6-END
A6-EGG

Did not have wifi.

Interesting to have a thread to document the different planes that have them and those that don't. Note that you needs credit card to access even the free wifi, so for those under 18 it is impossible.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by Ahmed777
A6-ENC
A6-END
A6-EGG

Did not have wifi.

Interesting to have a thread to document the different planes that have them and those that don't. Note that you needs credit card to access even the free wifi, so for those under 18 it is impossible.
On the A380s with the latest OnAir software version, you don't need a credit card - just enter the access code which is displayed on the front page (usually something like Tenfree) and it won't prompt for a credit card.

Alternately you may look into filling up a reloadable or virtual credit card if you are desperate, although I haven't tried that with OnAir.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 9:56 pm

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
EBL, ECK, ECI do have wifi.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 5:28 am

Time to make another sticky thread, this time about B777's with Wi-Fi?
Seeing that the chauffeur one is quite successful...
Old Jan 30, 2015, 11:47 am
Original Poster

A6-EGP did have wifi
Old Jan 31, 2015, 10:02 am

Programs: EK, BA, EY, SQ, IHG, HH, SPG
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ahmed777

A6-ENC
A6-END
A6-EGG

Did not have wifi.

On the A380s with the latest OnAir software version, you don't need a credit card - just enter the access code which is displayed on the front page (usually something like Tenfree) and it won't prompt for a credit card.

Alternately you may look into filling up a reloadable or virtual credit card if you are desperate, although I haven't tried that with OnAir.
I think that only works if it remembers your login details as it has you logged in from previous email address automatically.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by Havoc10G
I think that only works if it remembers your login details as it has you logged in from previous email address automatically.
You don't need a credit card to create an account though, if I recall correctly? Once you have the account you can just type in the redemption code and it bypasses the credit card requirement for the first 10MB
Old Feb 1, 2015, 10:22 am

Programs: EK, BA, EY, SQ, IHG, HH, SPG
Which B777 have wifi?

Yes you are right as long as the cookie or whatever cunning tracking device is till on your PC or phone then it remembers you and it's straight to the first 10MB.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 9:56 am

Maybe the fleet guide sticky at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...eet-guide.html could be adapted to include which registrations come with wifi and which not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.