MNL-DXB sold out of weeks, why?

Old Jan 26, 2015, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

MNL-DXB sold out of weeks, why?

Flying EK335 MNL-DXB early February.

Looking at availability. Both EK335 and EK333 are COMPLETELY sold out in all booking classes (economy and business) between 2015-02-05 and 2015-02-11.

Anyone know why that is? What are my chances of being denied boarding (gold with emirates).
Old Jan 26, 2015, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by charlesswe
Flying EK335 MNL-DXB early February.

Looking at availability. Both EK335 and EK333 are COMPLETELY sold out in all booking classes (economy and business) between 2015-02-05 and 2015-02-11.

Anyone know why that is? What are my chances of being denied boarding (gold with emirates).
Clearly the immediate reason is that there's a lot of demand for MNL-DXB flights

But I suspect the answer you are looking for is whether there's anything "special" going on, and I would hazard a guess that it's the return of Filipino diaspora workers going back to work in Europe and the Middle East after January holiday.

You are unlikely to be involuntary denied boarding as check-in staff generally ask status pax last, but if you are after a free return ticket for future use you may be interesting in volunteering at the check-in desk for voluntary offload.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 9:38 pm

Emirates suspended booking on the third daily Manila flight earlier this month (suspended from 26th January) so maybe a knock on from these issues and pax being transferred.

Or maybe an IT screw up and availability will reappear soon.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 1:14 am

Programs: Skywards
Hi

It is because EK had to cancel the 3rd daily flight from/to MNL due to government reasons aka PR airline. So pax from this flight are transferred to EK335/EK333 v.v. that is why the flights are full resp. already overbooked (the flights are normally anyway very good booked and now they had to transfer pax from a 777 which had the major connection from night flights out of Europe).

Last edited by kuroko; Jan 27, 2015 at 3:09 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.