Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

My very first Emirates A380 experience from JFK

Old Jan 25, 2015, 10:20 am
Original Poster

I'll have an EK204 flight on Wed 28th. This is my first time on A380 as well as Emirates.
- Basically, the trip will be started in Boston on B6 617 then connection via JFK onto EK 204. I have about 1.40 hrs and the weather is quite unpredictable next week. As I booked the ticket separately, I'm concerned about miss connection at JFK due to notorious delays during Northeast winter storm. Any suggestions regarding the irregular operations that may be occurred?

- I'm a Skywards blue. From my bare eyes, the flight is about 70-80% occupied now. Do you have any idea how to get all three seats in a roll? Is it a good idea to book the aisle seat at the rear of the cabin- the window and the middle seat next to the C or H marked as dark blue; accessible with passengers with disabilities - Or should I just reserve a seat on typical rolls which are now available too?

- As it's a long flight, do they provide a mid-flight snack? AFAIK, i saw pizza in the Emirates' menu... how's the taste? do the have instant noodle in Y like BR or CX?

All comments/suggestions would be most appreciated. Hv a good weekend!
Old Jan 25, 2015, 5:19 pm

Programs: EK, BA, EY, SQ, IHG, HH, SPG

If the flight is almost full it will be nearly impossible to get a seat spare next to you let alone all three seats. EK sometimes block the seat next to a high value passenger in Y so your best chance would be to be sat in C with a gold or plat in A then you have a chance that the middle seat will not be occupied as long as the flight isn't 100% full. Food is usually pretty good In Y although never done JFK-DXB in Y.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 5:46 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, B6, CX, KE, Latitude, VIFP, Crown & Anchor, etc.
OP, based on the latest (changing/worsening forecast by the hour) blizzard warning (Boston - 3' by Wed, and NYC, 20" to 30" by midnight on Tuesday) - airports would likely remained closed until late Wednesday & reopened on a limited basis, with priority for overseas/long hauls ...

Take an extra day off & Amtrak or Megabus into NYC, book a hotel room (if you can find one ASAP) and or camp at with a friend/buddy/relative, have a party & then make your way to JFK on Wednesday if - odds are solid that nothing will be moving along above ground along the Northeast coast by Tuesday. Rail tracks will be buried and/or frozen.

Rather than worried about food and blocking seats, I would focus on rescheduling this trip, IMO. Good luck in getting into NY tomorrow (do it as early as you could) and getting out for your A380 ride.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for your advice. Emirates now allow changes on 26-27 Jan.... not sure about Wed yet. If so, I may reroute to kick off from Boston...

- not sure about Jet blue morning operation on 28th Jan too (B6 617), any thoughts?
Old Jan 25, 2015, 9:36 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, B6, CX, KE, Latitude, VIFP, Crown & Anchor, etc.
Originally Posted by CHK897
... Emirates now allow changes on 26-27 Jan.... not sure about Wed yet. If so, I may reroute to kick off from Boston...
- not sure about Jet blue morning operation on 28th Jan too (B6 617), any thoughts?
Given B6's previous ops during/after a major storm/blizzard recovery - I would NOT count on regional jets getting priority if an when the airports can reopen. Use their official Facebook page and Twitter page to keep up with the latest upddate/changes - getting thru to a live CSR during these times had been difficult in the past.
If you can rebook & fly out of BOS, I would do that - otherwise, make plans to get into NY tomorrow, relax with a blizzard party and do some tele-commute work, etc. - and fly out when EK resume ops (Wed. night, I presume would be the earliest) Travel between BOS & NYC on Tueday would be next to impossible & rails (Amtrak) would be my choice/bet for the more reliable way of getting in Monday. Still too many unknown for Wednesday, IMO.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Jetblue cancelled my flight already on Wed morning. Amtrak and bus are all cancelled. Not sure how to get to JFK by Wed morning. really looking for heads-up from Emirates on the 28th. TT

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.