Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates most devoted customer...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2015, 10:13 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
I'm just wondering how such a story made it to the press...
Old Jan 24, 2015, 2:59 pm

Programs: EK, BA, EY, SQ, IHG, HH, SPG

Ahmed. You are in danger of peaking too early in the great corporate travel game! You travelled 1st hit when most people at that age just say " Dad why can't we go in the big nice seats" then plat as a skysurfer but EK didn't know how to handle it as it was without precedent! Now gold then silver just when you are getting to an age when you can start to enjoy the perks. Where did it all go wrong?!
Old Jan 24, 2015, 3:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Havoc10G
Ahmed. You are in danger of peaking too early in the great corporate travel game! You travelled 1st hit when most people at that age just say " Dad why can't we go in the big nice seats" then plat as a skysurfer but EK didn't know how to handle it as it was without precedent! Now gold then silver just when you are getting to an age when you can start to enjoy the perks. Where did it all go wrong?!
patronising much?
Old Jan 24, 2015, 3:23 pm

Only patronising if you have absolutely zero sense of humor. I am sure even Ahmed would find that a little funny.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 3:32 pm

No patronage intended DN and before you say for it to be humour it has to be funny, I know you have a high humour bar so you were not my target audience!
Old Jan 24, 2015, 3:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Dave, you're a good poster but on occasions you really do try to take the moral high ground when it's not necessary/appropriate.

I doubt Ahmed would feel patronised in any way ; and even if he does, he can quite easily speak for himself.

Time to lighten up a little methinks .....
Old Jan 24, 2015, 3:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by subject2load

Time to lighten up a little methinks .....
You are free to think what you like
Old Jan 24, 2015, 3:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
There you go again !

Guess you just can't resist !!
Old Jan 24, 2015, 9:52 pm

Programs: EK Gold
Originally Posted by Havoc10G
For what its worth, I saw the light-hearted intent of the post
Old Jan 24, 2015, 9:55 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold | South African Airways Voyager Gold
Originally Posted by LE4603
For what its worth, I saw the light-hearted intent of the post
Me too.

It has seen to have gone awfully wrong somewhere.

Last year was my best travel year but now as school gets more demanding and requires work in the holidays I will not be able to travel as much. I will save up until I'm 18 and then enjoy the full range of benefits from EK.

It's just two years...
Old Jan 25, 2015, 4:15 am

Programs: Golden Circle, Skywards
Originally Posted by YohYohY
Someone sent me this link.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/tr...ggest-fan.html

I like Emirates, been flying with them since approx 2001; for the past 3 years, I've probably averaged 60 flights each year with them - but a tattoo

And I flew on my birthday last week (from Singapore), no cake for me
NB I wasn't expecting/looking for any recognition that it was my birthday
What a moron and half the pictures show the staff as less than thrilled to be taking photos with him and his idiotic tattoo. At least his mum and friends also think he's an idiot.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 9:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: United GS, Emirates iO (Invitation Only)
So getting an EK tattoo makes him more devoted to emirates then us IO's?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 9:09 pm

So News Corp picks up the story. http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel...-1227199599806

Man gets tattoo -> Airline upgrades him/treats him better.

What a load of rubbish reporting. If anything it should be: Media twists story on man with airline tattoo. The upgrades were only possible because he used his miles and as a result of his tier level. The tattoo is a consequence. Media gets it wrong once again.

Old Jan 27, 2015, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by Houstonflyer2139
So getting an EK tattoo makes him more devoted to emirates then us IO's?
Technically iO doesn't mean you are devoted to EK though, it just means you and/or your company gives EK lots of money (or they want you to give them lots of money).

Is that devotion, or just EK filling your business needs?
Old Jan 28, 2015, 1:09 am

I agree eternal. I mean spending company dollars vs your own money and getting a tattoo. It's pretty clear who wins the "devotion" test whether one agrees with it or not! Io's are just well pampered frequent flyers who rarely pay for their own travel or have to use miles for an upgrade. Hardly ever have their devotion tested expect shock horror if they occasionally don't get first dibs on the shower or fed first or boarded last and taken off first!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.