Fare changes 2015

Old Jan 13, 2015, 6:33 am
Original Poster

Fare changes 2015

In February 2015, we’ll increase the number of fare types that we offer. So you’ll have even more control over the type of ticket you buy and more ways to earn extra Miles.
The new fares in Economy Class and Business Class will be called Special, Saver, Flex and Flex Plus*. In First Class, you can choose from Flex and Flex Plus. Special will be our most affordable fare, with some limitations on refunds and changes. Flex and Flex Plus fares will offer the most Miles and more options to change your travel.
So whether you want the maximum number of Miles, the best price for a weekend getaway or the greatest flexibility for an upcoming business trip, you can find a fare to suit your travel needs.
You can see all fare types and their benefits when you book on emirates.com or via The Emirates App. Our teams at ticketing offices and Contact Centres will also be able to explain and offer all fare types. Your ticket will always show the type of fare you have purchased.
To see how many Miles you can earn on each fare type, simply enter your travel origin and destination into our Miles Calculator.
What does that mean? Even higher prices if you want to earn 100%?
Old Jan 13, 2015, 6:39 am
Original Poster

ok I can answer that myself

If the flex plus gonna cost more than current flex, I guess this is will be my last year as my company is not gonna pay more than current W tickets
Old Jan 13, 2015, 6:46 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
its fare families

I assume there will be a zero miles earning ticket in line with most other airlines...greater transparency is a good thing....
Old Jan 13, 2015, 6:48 am
Original Poster

guess we have to wait for the ticket prices.. let's see. At least my trip in March is booked already ..
Old Jan 13, 2015, 6:58 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by TaipeiWang
ok I can answer that myself

If the flex plus gonna cost more than current flex, I guess this is will be my last year as my company is not gonna pay more than current W tickets
so continue to by flex not flex plus. Flex plus will be a Y full fare and probably very expensive.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 7:07 am

Oh no, not another enhancement!!

Antinori was previously with Lufthansa. Whenever LH uses the line: "We will unveil a brand new range of fare types, based on valuable feedback from our members" (this is what the email I received says) it means that 90% of travellers will be screwed left, right and center.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 7:09 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold | South African Airways Voyager Gold
Great. Another devaluation in the making...
Old Jan 13, 2015, 7:16 am

So having a quick look for one of the sectors I fly in Y class, this is what the numbers are looking like:

KHI - DXB - LHR

Current

Saver = 1875 (one way)
Flex = 3750 (one way)

NEW

Special = 938 (one way)
Saver = 1312 (one way)
Flex = 2625 (one way)
Flex Plus = 3750 (one way)

I used to book most of my Y travel using the FLEX fares originating from KHI, mainly because of double TIER miles and also the flexibility to change. I will probably need to revisit.

By the looks of it, EK is making it harder to attain status flying economy.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 7:47 am

Nice, 300k miles now sort of gonna go down the drain. I'll see if I can get 2x F one ways to burn them off then goodbye EK.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by weeklyflyer77
So having a quick look for one of the sectors I fly in Y class, this is what the numbers are looking like:

KHI - DXB - LHR

Current

Saver = 1875 (one way)
Flex = 3750 (one way)

NEW

Special = 938 (one way)
Saver = 1312 (one way)
Flex = 2625 (one way)
Flex Plus = 3750 (one way)

I used to book most of my Y travel using the FLEX fares originating from KHI, mainly because of double TIER miles and also the flexibility to change. I will probably need to revisit.

By the looks of it, EK is making it harder to attain status flying economy.
Did the same check for my routes, only FLEX PLUS keeps the mileage earning the same as in the current model. FLEX is less.

Let's wait what the ticket conditions will look like. If they also introduce change fees for FLEX, then I will just become opportunistic and fly whoever is cheapest on my route.

I am quite surprised about this move of Emirates, as I find the cheapest flex fares today already quite expensive relative to business fares. Also, why do they reduce mileage earnings even more if they already have one of the worse earn/burn ratios in the industry? Maybe Emirates is running out of additional landing rights in Europe, so they now try and milk the cow?
Old Jan 13, 2015, 8:02 am
Lux

Before the moaning gets really underway, let's wait and see how the fares vs. miles earned works out. Remember that just being here on FT we are all atypical travellers - the large majority don't really care about miles, they care about price, schedule and/or service.

TaipeiWang, I'm interested to see that you've got an image of the new booking engine - I can't get that online yet. I took part in some user testing last year but didn't mention it here as it would break EK's confidentiality. The site then was a bit of a dog's dinner, trying to do too many things at once, but I'd like to see if it's been made easier.

There were also some other fare features tested in that session, which haven't emerged (yet) but might go down well with at least some of the people on this forum.

I'm not an EK apologist (quite the opposite really) but remember, nobody makes you fly Emirates or any other airline. So if you're not happy with the scheme, as part of all the factors you consider in choosing an airline... fly with someone else!
Old Jan 13, 2015, 8:03 am

Something tells me that this enhancement was referred to internally as the shakedown. It aligns loyalty with revenue. If you do a couple return LAX-AKL to hit Gold on a 750 dollar fare then you'll be hit hard.

If you do F paid, little is changing. Although I'm not holding my breath for shakedown 1.1 when redemption levels will be 'brought into line' with earn levels.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 8:07 am

Also gone are the days of upgrading a special fare onboard. There's almost 55% hike on those!!! AKL-SYD not showing (Sorry, information for this route is currently unavailable. Please try again later.)
SYD-AKL jumping to 16.5k instead of 12.5k

But upon checking BEY-DXB which is of similar cost, it shows 19.5k for onboard upgrade from saver vs 12.5k from flex/current!
Old Jan 13, 2015, 8:16 am

This is misleading and inaccurate

In February 2015, we’ll increase the number of fare types that we offer. So you’ll have even more control over the type of ticket you buy and more ways to earn extra Miles.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 9:58 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Looks like another devaluation in earning miles. I decided right at the beginning of my tier that I am not going to be trying to achieve Plat again. Seems like a good call in hindsight....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.