Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates Wishlist for 2015 (Incl Route Rumours)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates Wishlist for 2015 (Incl Route Rumours)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2015, 4:27 am

I was talking about a nonstop DXB MEX, not the return. A triangular DXB MEX CUN DXB should be perfectly feasible.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 12:12 pm

Anyone knows how DXB-ADD is going? For me (just) a daily A332 seems to be not that much capacity. Is it due to bilateral restrictions or is there not more demand on that route?
Old Jul 27, 2015, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by HB-IWC
DXB MEX would still be shorter than SQ's former SIN EWR route so the B77L should have relatively few issues with that.
DXB-MEX is 500 miles longer than the current longest 777 route so payload capacity would likely be an issue. SQs US flights were operated by a specially configured A340 with a very reduced seat capacity.

For MEX, and some South America destinations, a stop in southern Europe makes more sense. For some South America destinations, more tag ons to Brazil routes might make sense.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 12:21 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by blagger
DXB-MEX is 500 miles longer than the current longest 777 route so payload capacity would likely be an issue. SQs US flights were operated by a specially configured A340 with a very reduced seat capacity.

For MEX, and some South America destinations, a stop in southern Europe makes more sense. For some South America destinations, more tag ons to Brazil routes might make sense.
Mex via Amsterdam
Old Aug 11, 2015, 2:28 am

Programs: EK | DL | BA
Wonder if this will prompt EK to add ATL sooner rather than later?

Delta trims Dubai schedule, blames 'overcapacity' from Gulf rivals

Delta Air Lines is paring back its service to Dubai for the winter.

Currently, the carrier offers daily service between Dubai and Atlanta, the carrier's biggest hub. But beginning Oct. 1, Delta says it will trim its schedule to just four or five flights a week for the airline's fall and winter schedule. Daily service is expected to resume in the spring, Delta spokesman Trebor Banstetter tells Today in the Sky.

Full article: http://www.usatoday.com/story/todayi...vals/31432053/
Old Aug 11, 2015, 10:53 am

3rd daily to MUC starting next summer - seen on a German forum
Old Aug 11, 2015, 1:03 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by blagger
Don't forget the altitude. I think MEX would have to be a 5th freedom as m3red suggested.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 2:26 am

Programs: EK | DL | BA
Unsurprisingly, Emirates has rejected Delta's claims of the US being "flooded" with seats.

The 85% load-factor surprises me. I guess DL may be trying to bait EK into going head-to-head on the ATL route??

Emirates Airline rejects Delta's criticism of overcapacity on Dubai-U.S. routes

Emirates Airline said Tuesday that state-owned Gulf Arab airlines were not to blame for overcapacity on services between the United States and Dubai, rejecting criticism by U.S. carrier Delta Air Lines.

Delta said Sunday it had reduced flights between Atlanta and Dubai this winter, blaming overcapacity on U.S. routes to the Middle East by subsidized and state-owned airlines, underscoring a trade row.

Delta's attempt to pin the blame on Gulf carriers is "plainly a political play, or a thin excuse to prop up fares at a higher level by limiting capacity", an Emirates spokesperson said in a statement.

Emirates, citing U.S. Transportation Department data, said average seat loads during 2013-2014 on the Atlanta-Dubai route had been consistently above 85 percent, showing consumer demand or overcapacity was not the issue.

Source: http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0QG1U620150812
Old Aug 12, 2015, 2:40 am

Originally Posted by Face81
Unsurprisingly, Emirates has rejected Delta's claims of the US being "flooded" with seats.

The 85% load-factor surprises me. I guess DL may be trying to bait EK into going head-to-head on the ATL route??

Source: http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0QG1U620150812
The full 2014 US Department of Transport data is out now - http://www.transportation.gov/policy...tistics-report - where you can find interesting little tidbits such as the load factor on this route for 2014 ATL-DXB on DL of...89% DL, of course, don't think they can make sufficient margin for it to be worth their while, and they equate margin with capacity. That is a discussion for another thread and another time though, not this one...!
Old Aug 12, 2015, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by HB-IWC
I am predicting Dubai-Panama flights in a not too distant future and with an extensive interline and/or codeshare agreement with COPA.

A nonstop DXB-PTY would be not only EK's but also the world's longest flight, but of course EK could opt for a combination with any number of cities. LIS, BCN and MAD are all pretty much on the shortest route between DXB and PTY and one could of course not discard the option of a combination with a city in the direct neighborhood such as BOG.
Looks like you win the prize
Old Aug 14, 2015, 11:49 pm

Smart move as I don't know if DXB-MEX or DXB-BOG are possible (economical useful) for EK with their current fleet. Don't know if a B787/A350 could make DXB-MEX (also keep in mind a new airport will be opened on 20th October 2020 in MEX with a runway length of 4,500m) or DXB-BOG work in the future?

PTY therefore is the right choice - with a cooperation with Copa Airlines
Old Sep 1, 2015, 11:53 am

Bilateral talks between UAE and Philippines
http://gulfnews.com/business/aviatio...oute-1.1573918

Maybe more flights to Iran and A380 to Tehran
http://gulfnews.com/business/aviatio...deal-1.1576536
Old Sep 15, 2015, 9:27 am

Rumors in the air that Mexico City will have direct flights to DXB. With an announcement "soon".
Old Sep 15, 2015, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Patriots
Rumors in the air that Mexico City will have direct flights to DXB. With an announcement "soon".
Can they fly DXB-MEX nonstop? Is that fifth freedom of traffic rights?
Old Sep 15, 2015, 10:40 am

DXB MEX in the making:

http://gulfnews.com/news/uae/society...soon-1.1583817

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.