Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates Wishlist for 2015 (Incl Route Rumours)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates Wishlist for 2015 (Incl Route Rumours)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2015, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by ZRHMD11
I thought Taag fly non stop LAD < HAV?? Did they stop this service??

I remember, a friend of mine flow this route with the 747/300 Combi...

Another way; LAD-GRU/GIG-HAV.
DT still fly LAD-HAV, but I think it stops somewhere in the Atlantic?
Old Jun 12, 2015, 8:54 am

Programs: EK Skywards Gold, TK Elite Plus, QR Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
DT still fly LAD-HAV, but I think it stops somewhere in the Atlantic?
The flight is direct non-stop LAD-HAV on Tuesdays and HAV-LAD on Thursdays. I think it operates only every second week.

Flightradar site shows it operated on 9th June and back 11th June.

I was in Cuba a few years back, and I met several medical tourists to Cuba from Angola who had taken the flight. I was in Angola before and after my visit to Cuba, and we hosted several Cuban doctors at the site I was working, who also took the flight. Nevertheless, between the two places, I flew EK and AeroMexico the long way around ;-)
Old Jun 12, 2015, 11:33 am

B77L should be used for new destinations in the US (DTW, PHL, ATL, CLT, MIA, DEN, PHX, LAS...) as well as MEX (don't know if possible due to altitude), PTY (code-share with Copa Airlines), BOG, maybe one day when they have traffic rights to YVR, YYC, YUL along with nonstop DXB-New Zealand or Sapporo, Fukuoka, Pusan, Hanoi
Old Jun 13, 2015, 3:44 pm

Programs: EK | DL | BA
Originally Posted by ft101
Stansted from 2016, according to rumours at owners Manchester Airport Group.

That could be the place for the hops across the pond, perhaps?
Old Jun 14, 2015, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by Face81
That could be the place for the hops across the pond, perhaps?
The STN EK rumour has been going around for years though, I thought - it is a stated aim of the owners to get a big long-haul operator in there though, so it might happen...!
Old Jun 30, 2015, 10:54 pm

It looks like PHL will be the next US destination:

http://www.thenational.ae/business/a...-skies-dispute
Old Jul 8, 2015, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
PHL will be 11th US destination

Originally Posted by anna.aero

Leak of the Week – Emirates to fly to Philly

Emirates’ President Tim Clark confirmed that his airline was in talks with the airport and municipal leaders in Philadelphia to become the MEB3 airline’s 11th US destination. The Pennsylvanian city will become far better connected if they do, gaining access to the airline’s current 126 global destinations.

As the vitriolic words continue to pass between the USB3 (American Airlines, Delta Air Lines and United Airlines) and MEB3 (Emirates, Etihad Airways and Qatar Airways), the latter seem hell bent on launching plenty of new US routes, just to prove their point in the rhetoric still further, with Emirates’ boss suggesting that Philadelphia will be its 11th US destination. The leak occurred during a press briefing being held last week by Emirates’ President Tim Clark, who let it slip that the airline was in talks with airport and municipal leaders in Philadelphia to make the city its next US destination. Clark was speaking at National Press Club in Washington, where he unveiled a 400-page rebuttal of the allegations made by the USB3 that Emirates is unfairly subsidised by the Government of Dubai and used its financial positions to expand in the US at the expense of the three US carriers.
Clark also said that the following US airports had made representations to Emirates seeking service:

MIA
ATL
MSP
LAS
BWI
CLE
PHX
BUF
PIT
DEN
DTW
SJC

Last edited by irishguy28; Jul 8, 2015 at 7:40 am
Old Jul 8, 2015, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BUF I'll believe that one when I see it
Old Jul 8, 2015, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Clark also said that the following US airports had made representations to Emirates seeking service:

MIA
ATL
MSP
LAS
BWI
CLE
PHX
BUF
PIT
DEN
DTW
SJC
Now to match that list to some leaked list of European cities that have done the same thing - then watch heads explode in airline management suites across the US and EU

I think that should bring a smile to many posters across the whole of FT
Old Jul 8, 2015, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Calchas
Not as off the wall as you might think. Think Toronto's other airport. Since the AC/Canadian government combo has limited EK's access to YYZ, it would be a way to add more YYZ service. At least 8 million within 90 minutes.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 9:44 am

Programs: AC75, TD AeroInfiniteP, AmexBizPLAT, SPG-G HyattGlobby
Originally Posted by SFO777
At least 8 million within 90 minutes.
Count me in as BUF is "only" a 6h+ drive from YOW. Any additional ways to access more EK-F/J travels is a good thing. ^
Old Jul 8, 2015, 10:38 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Calchas
I'll eat my shoe if EK flies to BUF!

Originally Posted by SFO777
Think Toronto's other airport.
And TIJ is San Diego's other airport
Old Jul 11, 2015, 6:42 am

A380 to DUB from March 2016

MEX
Mexico City is not served by any of the MEB3 carriers, a surprise as it is the only city in the world’s top 10 most populated not to be served by Emirates, Etihad Airways or Qatar Airways. With 11 million international passengers and the potential domestic connectivity market of 22 million, surely these numbers will be significant enough for one of the MEB3 to take the plunge at some point and open operations to Mexico City.

No Asian carriers are present at Mexico City Airport either. The only connections to the continent are flown by Aeromexico, which operates services to Shanghai Pudong and Tokyo Narita
http://www.anna.aero/2015/07/10/mexi...ssengers-2015/

Last edited by EK77W; Jul 11, 2015 at 7:03 am
Old Jul 11, 2015, 12:45 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, QR Gold, HH Gold, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by UAworldwide
Nevertheless, between the two places, I flew EK and AeroMexico the long way around ;-)
I don't blame you. I would happily fly LAD-DXB-(wherever)-HAV on EK and someone else rather than LAD-HAV on DT. 10+ hours on DT is too much!
Old Jul 11, 2015, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
The STN EK rumour has been going around for years though, I thought - it is a stated aim of the owners to get a big long-haul operator in there though, so it might happen...!
There's a 777 en-route DXB to STN this evening. In the words of an all too frequent poster... let the speculation begin! (Or not)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.