Wiki Posts
Search

EK LAX-DXB Flight Cancellation

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2014, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Platinum

I am sitting here at LAX for my flight to DXB and I notice there are 2 EK flights leaving today, EK216 that I am on and EK8216 that leaves several hours later. This flight numbering I believe is indicative of a prior cancelled flight that is operating a today. Sure enough FlightStats shows that yesterdays EK216 never took off.

How does one go about finding out the reason for cancellation? Most likely mechanical, but I recall there being some websites that details all of this sort of information. Any ideas?
Old Nov 19, 2014, 4:21 pm

http://www.theeksource.com/ but there's nothing about the delayed 216 yet.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

I am wondering if we got the plane with the mechanical issue. We just had an aborted takeoff, engines were cut after about 1/10th of the takeoff roll. Captain stated it may just be an indicator issue so they will reset it and try the takeoff again.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by whimike
I am wondering if we got the plane with the mechanical issue.
It doesn't appear so. You seem to be en-route by now on A6-EEV. A6-EEQ is the one with from yesterday with the problem.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 11:51 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by whimike
I am wondering if we got the plane with the mechanical issue. We just had an aborted takeoff, engines were cut after about 1/10th of the takeoff roll. Captain stated it may just be an indicator issue so they will reset it and try the takeoff again.
You certainly feel how good the brakes are on an assorted take off

I had one once at DXB. Had to wait 2 hours for the brakes to cool down...
Old Nov 20, 2014, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
You certainly feel how good the brakes are on an assorted take off

I had one once at DXB. Had to wait 2 hours for the brakes to cool down...
We weren't going fast enough to have to use the brakes, the pilot just let the airplane coast a good distance. We were in the takeoff roll again just about 10-15 minutes later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.