Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DUB-DXB Status Heavy or not?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2014, 3:41 am
Original Poster

Hi I am travelling to Singapore on Sat the 22nov and departing on EK162 and currently they are around 8 seats bookable in J class. Yesterday there was 13, so I am wondering if they sell out would I have a good chance to be upgraded? I am Silver, lost the gold status last month unfortunately. Just wonddering if anyone would know how the DUB-DXB flights usually look.

Thanks!
Old Nov 14, 2014, 4:00 am

Programs: Skywards
Hi

you only get an upgrade if business is overbooked. however I am to 99% sure that there are at least some gold's in business.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 10:55 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
I don't think I've ever been on an ek flight that doesn't have golds in j. Most of the flights I go on tend to have plats too.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 12:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Since Dublin went double daily just a couple of months back, the additional capacity has dramatically reduced the likelihood of either flight going out full (in any cabin). And, as others mention, there will be Golds or even the odd Plat, onboard anyway, in which case your chances would unfortunately be close to nil .....
Old Nov 16, 2014, 3:07 pm

Programs: etihad guest silver/ba bronze

Upgrading this route with miles be easy enough?
Heading to Singapore in jan have enough miles for dub to dxb for two but booked on saver tickets.
Here is hoping
Old Nov 17, 2014, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by eiflyer
Upgrading this route with miles be easy enough?
Heading to Singapore in jan have enough miles for dub to dxb for two but booked on saver tickets.
Having Saver tickets does not affect availability - it's either there or it isn't.

Saver tickets will mean more miles are required, and you may have to wait until check in opens to upgrade. This will be clear on your booking.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 12:16 pm

Programs: EK - Silver; Accor - Silver; O6 - Gold; BAEC - Silver; Flying Blue; SPG; Krisflyer
Originally Posted by ft101
Having Saver tickets does not affect availability - it's either there or it isn't.

Saver tickets will mean more miles are required, and you may have to wait until check in opens to upgrade. This will be clear on your booking.
Hi ft101,

You are right on the ticket not affecting availability, if you are using miles to upgrade.

But I understand it does affect your priority for free upgrade. I only got to know this during my last flight, when I got an free upgrade but the passenger in front of me didn't. He was asking why I got the upgrade but not him, seeing that we are both Gold members. Replied given was due to type of ticket purchased (saver or flex).

Hope above information will be useful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.