Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates Airline - 29th Birthday

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2014, 6:23 am
Original Poster

Emirates Airline - 29th Birthday

Just wanted to wish Emirates Airline a happy 29th birthday for today.

Exactly 4 months older than me
Old Oct 25, 2014, 7:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
I'm sure they'll love you for that jamjar !

I guess you could always send them a big cake (if you really want to get in their good books .....)

In all seriousness, it has been a pretty remarkable - and relatively short - period of successful growth & development ; both for the airline itself, and of course its home hub of Dubai.

You can't help but wonder what the coming years will bring (whether for good, or perhaps not-so-good ......)
Old Oct 27, 2014, 5:21 am

Programs: EK Gold; PC Platinum
I should also like to add my birthday wishes to Emirates..... especially as the crew on my recent flight to HKG made a real proper fuss of me during my birthday.

Glass of champagne and dessert from upstairs (i was in economy), regular top-ups, and a photograph (wearing the emirates hat) - signed by all the crew and captains!

Really great flight
Old Nov 1, 2014, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by trevorwmuk
I should also like to add my birthday wishes to Emirates..... especially as the crew on my recent flight to HKG made a real proper fuss of me during my birthday.

Glass of champagne and dessert from upstairs (i was in economy), regular top-ups, and a photograph (wearing the emirates hat) - signed by all the crew and captains!

Really great flight
Ah nice. I will make a point of travelling on my birthday with Emirates. Then again I am not Gold
Old Nov 1, 2014, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by subject2load
I'm sure they'll love you for that jamjar !

I guess you could always send them a big cake (if you really want to get in their good books .....)

In all seriousness, it has been a pretty remarkable - and relatively short - period of successful growth & development ; both for the airline itself, and of course its home hub of Dubai.

You can't help but wonder what the coming years will bring (whether for good, or perhaps not-so-good ......)
Ha! Cake !!

Good job on them for the vision. Think it will get bad
Old Nov 1, 2014, 2:26 pm

Programs: Emirates Silver, BA, Flying Blue, Virgin, IHG
Originally Posted by trevorwmuk

Really great flight
Lucky you. Even when I was gold and flying on my birthday I got no acknowledgement of it.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 2:39 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold | South African Airways Voyager Gold
Originally Posted by HelloKittysMum
Lucky you. Even when I was gold and flying on my birthday I got no acknowledgement of it.
Me neither!

And the SAA crew made a fuss of me on the following 45-minute hop JNB-DUR! I got a Y-J upgrade on the plane as they were oversold and had someone in my seat for some reason. I also got a cupcake! ^
Old Nov 3, 2014, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by jamjaruk
Ha! Cake !!(
Absolutely not! I can't eat cake anymore. I won't have it. Sorry!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.