Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Release of blocked bassinet seats

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2014, 5:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Thai Silver,Skywards Silver,Gulf Silver, Interconti Prority Platinum, FR Priority Q!
Release of blocked bassinet seats

Blocked seats for bassinet.
I was late booking EK40 out of BHX in J and the only adjoining seats available are in the center and as Mrs SS always insists on window seat I am in deep doodoo.
The aircraft is currently is a 2 class 777/300ER and two window rows ( 1 & 6-the latter is a row on its own behind a partition) are blocked for bassinets.
I am hoping for a 3 class aircraft change ( a 25% chance) and to grab seats up front but if not, when will the bassinet seats be released?
Website says at check-in but has anyone been able to grab them before then-and how?
thanks
SS
Old Oct 17, 2014, 5:47 am

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by Silverswimmer
Blocked seats for bassinet.
I was late booking EK40 out of BHX in J and the only adjoining seats available are in the center and as Mrs SS always insists on window seat I am in deep doodoo.
The aircraft is currently is a 2 class 777/300ER and two window rows ( 1 & 6-the latter is a row on its own behind a partition) are blocked for bassinets.
I am hoping for a 3 class aircraft change ( a 25% chance) and to grab seats up front but if not, when will the bassinet seats be released?
Website says at check-in but has anyone been able to grab them before then-and how?
thanks
SS
So as I understand the bassinet seats are still free. Normally you can book them even though you do not have a baby in your booking (I guess even online, if not just call the EK callcenter). Just be aware that you can be reseated if a bassinet will be needed.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 8:31 am

Programs: EK Gold
We we're only able to nab 1A & B on check in.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Thai Silver,Skywards Silver,Gulf Silver, Interconti Prority Platinum, FR Priority Q!
I can chose a bassinet seat but the adjacent on each row is a "disabled" seat which is blocked. I will phone EK.
SS
Old Oct 21, 2014, 4:15 am
Original Poster

A lovely helpful lady at the Skywards help line unblocked a "disabled" seat for me and we were allocated 1 J&K. She said there was still a possible risk of being moved,but she thinks it highly unlikely,as there are 3 bassinet seats still free.
Not my favourite row (except in a TG 747 in F) but Mrs SS is delighted.
SS
Old Oct 22, 2014, 1:53 am

Programs: Skywards GOLD, Eurobonus DIAMOND, Etihad Guest GOLD
Originally Posted by Silverswimmer
A lovely helpful lady at the Skywards help line unblocked a "disabled" seat for me and we were allocated 1 J&K. She said there was still a possible risk of being moved,but she thinks it highly unlikely,as there are 3 bassinet seats still free.
Not my favourite row (except in a TG 747 in F) but Mrs SS is delighted.
SS
And WHAT could be more important than keep the Mrs. happy???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.