Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Luggage Allowance Interlining onto South African Express

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2014, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates Silver, BA, Flying Blue, Virgin, IHG

Not sure if this shoudl be asked on SAA forum.

I'm flying Emirates MAN DXB JNB and then onto SAA Express to JNB GBE (and return) next month on a single through ticket.

On Emirates I get 42Kg. SAA Express allow only 20kg so if I check the bag through will I be charged excess if I go over the 20Kg allowed by SAA Express.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 10:30 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
If it's issued on a single thru ticket, I don't think you will be charged extra!

Btw, here's hoping EK will make to Gaborone in 2015 - they already do Harare etc etc.,
Old Oct 3, 2014, 5:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates Silver, BA, Flying Blue, Virgin, IHG
Thanks for info. Probably more worrying on return as I will be checking in with SAA Express.

DXB to Gaborone would be great as I have three trips scheduled in the next six months and will have another 2 or 3 in the following year. At the moment we have to go through Joburg or Nairobi and I would do almost anything to avoid Nairobi (and I haven't even been there - just heard horror stories form colleagues of sitting on floor for 8 hours).
Old Oct 4, 2014, 10:12 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by HelloKittysMum
Thanks for info. Probably more worrying on return as I will be checking in with SAA Express.

DXB to Gaborone would be great as I have three trips scheduled in the next six months and will have another 2 or 3 in the following year. At the moment we have to go through Joburg or Nairobi and I would do almost anything to avoid Nairobi (and I haven't even been there - just heard horror stories form colleagues of sitting on floor for 8 hours).
Is there a lounge at nbo at the moment after the fire? I'm going in dec and arrive back from masi mara about 5 hours before the ek flight...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.