Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

"Featured Fares" - not all they're made out to be.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2014, 12:53 am
Original Poster

Just a little vent at the "Featured Fares" section on EK.

Yes, I've used them enough to realise this section is just a lure and should not be taken seriously, but it still stings when you book a fare (yesterday) that was in the Featured Fares, and today it no longer appears and a dummy booking shows it has gone down in price.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 1:42 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by ft101
Just a little vent at the "Featured Fares" section on EK.

Yes, I've used them enough to realise this section is just a lure and should not be taken seriously, but it still stings when you book a fare (yesterday) that was in the Featured Fares, and today it no longer appears and a dummy booking shows it has gone down in price.
What I really dislike is the maximum stays.

I guess its up to people's perception of value - I think an ex MAN fare to Asia in J at about 2k is good value if I can use it for a trip home stop and a holiday to Asia.

Ex CMB is also becoming really difficult - a lot of the time it won't price for me...
Old Sep 24, 2014, 1:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Your 'vent' is perfectly justified, and I can relate to your sense of annoyance.

I just took a look at the relevant page showing the current range of "Featured Fares" and noticed that - as well as "featured" - the fares are given two other labels (both of which are suitably meaningless) : "great" and "special". No mention of 'discounted' or 'reduced' !

You've been quick to recognise that ultimately they are nothing more than a lure, and you're dead right. I guess it's little different from what goes on in virtually all sectors of the capitalist world ; but I would add that Emirates should always be aiming to do things that much better than others, and IMO the way in which you present your sales proposition is as important as the overall efficiency and quality of the travel experience itself.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 11:24 am

Programs: EK - Silver; Accor - Silver; O6 - Gold; BAEC - Silver; Flying Blue; SPG; Krisflyer
Fully agree with your vent.

I believe in calling a Spade a Spade. As a seller of service, though not legally wrong, terms like "Featured Fare, Special Fare, etc" should be used with the same understanding as "Discount Fare, Offer Fare, etc".

After all there may be non-frequent flyers, who do not know the difference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.