Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

stop over and 2 year old ticketing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2014, 9:28 pm
Formerly known as cpatel1975
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plt PC Plt.HH Diamond MR Plat. IHG Plat.

I have found 4 biz class (award seats) dfw-dxb-bkk. question is would emirates allow 2-3 day stoppover in dxb continuing to bkk. (the dxb-bkk leg is available in same class 3 days later)
-second, i have a 2 year old traveling wiht us. could i buy economy award and leave is seat empty while he seats in adults lap? my lil one will not sit alone so therefore need to pay lowest award seat.

thanks for the insight.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 11:29 pm

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Yes, you are generally allowed a stopover. Just try online using "Multiple/Stopover" flight search or call them.

Regarding the second question: don't know, but sounds like a no.

We are soon facing the same problem so would be interested to know...

Our lil ones (5 and 1.5 years) just flew to ULH in Biz with the elder in a seat and younger in a lap. It's really pushing the limit already at 1.5 (and she's not big)... hard to keep a toddler on your lap that long, even in J.

The $$ and miles go fast when you have a family!
Old Aug 18, 2014, 4:47 pm

Programs: Emirates Silver, BA, Flying Blue, Virgin, IHG
dont think you can buy the economy seat because he will have to seated in his own seat for take off and landing (and also economy passengers can't just randomly go into business)
Old Aug 18, 2014, 11:26 pm

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by CF_flyer
-second, i have a 2 year old traveling wiht us. could i buy economy award and leave is seat empty while he seats in adults lap? my lil one will not sit alone so therefore need to pay lowest award seat.
Unfortunately, children 2 years or older must have a seat for themselves in their class of travel. Not sure if you can book a separate ticket for a 2 year old as the unaccompanied minor service is only available to 5 year old+.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 4:45 am

You have to buy a ticket for 2 years or older. I don't think you would be bale to buy an economy class ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.