Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2014, 2:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by murtaza12
Mind specifying which BMW (3, 5 or 7 series)?
I'd appreciate that, thanks.

ARN is updated.
Same model as ARN. I was in a BMW to ARN as well, but it was supposed to be a Merc. He was surprised I was flying F, since his papers said J. Personally I prefer the BMW to the S-class anyways.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Chauffeur car

Originally Posted by johhenrik
Same model as ARN. I was in a BMW to ARN as well, but it was supposed to be a Merc. He was surprised I was flying F, since his papers said J. Personally I prefer the BMW to the S-class anyways.
Thanks!
PVG updated too!
Old Oct 1, 2014, 4:03 am

Programs: EK Gold, DL Plat, SPG Gold
Chauffeur at ORD

Hey all,

Long time lurker, first time poster (figured I'd wait till I had something to contribute). General thank you to this board for all the help you guys have provided with respect to EK.

Anyway the company that is taking care of all pick ups is:

Windy City Limos
http://www.windycitylimos.com
1-(847) 916-9300

Flew J both ways, 2014 Cadillac Escalade for the pick up and 2013 Lincoln Navigator for the drop off.

They have a guy standing by Terminal 5 Arrivals Exit A (closest to McDonalds) with an Emirates sign that everyone checks in with and they call up vehicles from a holding pen as people show up, drivers are very helpful.

-RBFF (Rather Be Fly Fishing)
Old Oct 2, 2014, 6:26 am
Original Poster

Chauffeur car

Originally Posted by RBFF10
Hey all,

Long time lurker, first time poster (figured I'd wait till I had something to contribute). General thank you to this board for all the help you guys have provided with respect to EK.

Anyway the company that is taking care of all pick ups is:

Windy City Limos
http://www.windycitylimos.com
1-(847) 916-9300

Flew J both ways, 2014 Cadillac Escalade for the pick up and 2013 Lincoln Navigator for the drop off.

They have a guy standing by Terminal 5 Arrivals Exit A (closest to McDonalds) with an Emirates sign that everyone checks in with and they call up vehicles from a holding pen as people show up, drivers are very helpful.

-RBFF (Rather Be Fly Fishing)
Thanks!

Could you mention which airport?
Old Oct 2, 2014, 10:04 am

Programs: Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by murtaza12
Thanks!

Could you mention which airport?
In his post title it mentions ORD (Chicago O'Hare).
Old Oct 2, 2014, 9:35 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Departing DXB today morning, Merc E class saloon. Driver said they started replacing the estates with saloons two weeks ago. Didn't make sense to me though
Old Oct 3, 2014, 12:09 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Zol
Departing DXB today morning, Merc E class saloon. Driver said they started replacing the estates with saloons two weeks ago. Didn't make sense to me though
I thought the estates looked a bit dated and the complete 'black' interiors + upholstery didn't do much for their case. Hope the saloons have better interiors.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 4:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
And worth remembering that if Mercedes Benz choose to offer EK a better deal on a bulk purchase (or lease ...?) of saloons v estates, then that will also be a factor in the decision-making process.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 5:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
Today at PVG, J passengers got an Audi A8 and I, who was in F got a Mercedes S class.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 6:57 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by jackiedada
I thought the estates looked a bit dated and the complete 'black' interiors + upholstery didn't do much for their case. Hope the saloons have better interiors.
Nope exactly the same, black on black
Old Oct 3, 2014, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by Zol
Nope exactly the same, black on black
Cant understand what's the point of an S class or an E class over a C class then
Old Oct 3, 2014, 8:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Now you've got ME confused too jackiedada !

Apologies if I've misunderstood your post but ....... the 'point' of an E or S class over a C class is surely quite simple : they are larger, so greater luggage capacity ( and more spacious for pax of course)

As for the separate issue of 'black on black' - agree, this has a bit of a gloomy feel, but it certainly makes sense from a practical perspective, given the amount of heavy use these cars get. I chose a very light coloured leather interior for my own car, and although overall I'm still glad I did, you only to have sit in the seats wearing blue jeans for a couple of hours or so before marks appear. They normally clean off without too much effort - but a bit annoying all the same.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 9:16 pm

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
In Argentina, the phone number is just the Airport's number. The service is ran by a local company named Manuel Tienda Leon. Some months ago 5 of us (family) travelled in EK J and were picked up by a VW Jetta, Citroën C5 and a VW Passat (old model).
On the return, an EK agent awaited for us right after we left the plane and told us to go to the Manuel Tienda Leon place after migrations and customs.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by subject2load
Apologies if I've misunderstood your post but ....... the 'point' of an E or S class over a C class is surely quite simple : they are larger, so greater luggage capacity ( and more spacious for pax of course)
Well I travel fairly light so boot capacity doesn't matter and in BOM, if you tell them that you have a lot of luggage, they send you a separate 'luggage' car.

Originally Posted by subject2load
As for the separate issue of 'black on black' - agree, this has a bit of a gloomy feel
I just don't like the Black on Black. I mean, I'd rather spend $5-6 on Uber and have a chance of sitting in a much nicer and hopefully newer car, though Uber has stopped using BMWs/ Mercs for its fleet here. I mean unless you want to announce that you are arriving in a fancy car, which no one seems to care, I'd rather be sitting in a car that is nicer on the inside than nicer on the outside.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 5:03 am

Programs: EK Gold, FB Silver
In BRU, J class is Mercedes E, F class is Mercedes S
Don't know the company name, but the licence plate of their cars is VIP-xxx
Extremely nice driver

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.