Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2016, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by lots@LHR
Landing in DUB shortly. Am based in the sticks so cannot receive a call to confirm the DUB car for the 200km trip. Will they still be at DUB, even if i can't receive the call to confirm the car? First time on EK...
The call is for departing rather than arriving - if you booked a car online for chauffeur drive on arrival, it will be there.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by RichL
To add a little bit more, all of the drivers were holding up cards for their respective customers but there was nobody for me, after around five or so minutes of being stood there like a lemon, someone turned up as it was as I pointed out above.

I dont know which part you are referring to with the 'dont allow that for first' remark, the rolls royce was a joke however if you mean it shouldn't have been a 7 seat mini van for first well I'm sorry, but it was!

I'm not having a rant of course, I'm merely telling you what happened.
Sometimes things which are not allowed are done in all walks of life. 1st class should only get MPV when requested where i am.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 1:54 am

Programs: EK Gold
Got ya - thanks.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 10:44 am

Emirates Manchester chauffeur company, date fixed for 6 week fraud trial.

http://www.licensedtransportuncovere...-car-clocking/
Old Mar 12, 2016, 9:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RichL
Hi

Just came back from Perth so thought I would add.

Bit confused, seems to be both first and business is served by a Mercedes Viano and to be honest I was a little disappointed, while I wasn't expecting a Rolls Royce Silver Phantom to pick me up when getting off from a first class flight, I wasn't expecting a 7 seater mini van for one person either, but alas that is what I got.

When they picked me up for my return flight in business, same again.

So update your thread how you see fit.
Damn, that sucks.

Also, I just noticed that PER isn't in the list, I'll add it in a bit.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 3:46 pm

What's the position for F in Seoul?
Old Mar 16, 2016, 12:23 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by garethmorgan
What's the position for F in Seoul?
No need to swear

Seoul seems to be a bit strange, and split into zones. Check the PDF on the following link :-

http://www.emirates.com/english/flyi...eur-drive.aspx
Old May 8, 2016, 1:59 pm

Programs: EK Plat, IHG Amb Spire
Anybody know anything about a Chauffeur service in Riyadh for biz passengers? I've never had it on previous visits but I have a trip a full 2 days away and in my 'Manage a Booking' under the chauffeur section, it says:

0 of 1 cars booked for pickup from King Khaled International Airport to your location in Riyadh.
The Chauffeur-drive service must be booked in advance and unfortunately it’s now too late to add a Chauffeur-drive booking to your itinerary.

I checked with the Emirates call centre and they had no idea about a chauffeur service in Riyadh. Perhaps, it's something in the works? Has anyone here heard about it?
Old May 9, 2016, 9:58 am

Programs: EK Skywards Gold, TK Elite Plus, QR Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
Oh that is interesting.

I just this evening booked for DXB-MCT tomorrow morning and I got the same message in my booking on line (for arrival into Muscat). But I didn't know about chauffeur drive in MCT and on previous flights I didn't see it offered (it may have slipped my mind because I always rent a car in Muscat).

So, perhaps some kind of IT bug....?
Old May 9, 2016, 10:18 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Originally Posted by UAworldwide
Oh that is interesting.

I just this evening booked for DXB-MCT tomorrow morning and I got the same message in my booking on line (for arrival into Muscat). But I didn't know about chauffeur drive in MCT and on previous flights I didn't see it offered (it may have slipped my mind because I always rent a car in Muscat).

So, perhaps some kind of IT bug....?
Was in MCT last month flew EK F , no chauffeur offered ......
Old May 9, 2016, 1:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
AFAIK (?) the only Gulf/Middle East points which offer CD service are Dubai and Doha.
Old May 10, 2016, 1:01 am

I have a long running issue with Emirates and the chauffer driver service in that I live in East Yorkshire, 100 miles from my nearest point of departure (Manchester). I pay the £25 excess every trip (out and back).
However, IF lived 45 miles further away from MAN, but had a HU (Hull) rather than a York (YO) postcode there is an exemption on the excess. I could get picked up in the next village to where I live (South Cave) which has a HU postcode and not pay the excess of course, and have written to EK several times on this, they have declined to answer.
It does make me a "little bit cross".
Old May 10, 2016, 1:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
tezzer - your long-running issue does sound pretty frustrating on the face of it, and I sympathise. Up to a point.

I concluded some time ago that there tends to be very little room for flexibility or discretion where the CD rules are concerned. I discovered this for myself when making what I felt was a perfectly reasonable & rational request - albeit, admittedly, not strictly in accordance with the rules. In the heat of the moment, I was very aggrieved and wrote in some detail to tell EK just what I thought (got a very bland, routine response).

I have since taken another perspective : Emirates provide the CD service as a goodwill gesture. There is absolutely no obligation to offer it at all. Very few other carriers offer anything similar ; and those who do have - like Emirates - every right to impose whatever rules they choose.

As for the charge itself ...... I think I could live with the £25 (fairly!) happily, given the length of your drive to the airport. Still a good deal when all said & done !
Old May 10, 2016, 11:56 am

They would appear to be somewhat more flexible when there are 2 passengers as they are reluctant to fork out for 2 cars which is more costly than excesses in most cases. Having said that, i don't think anyone would order 2 cars and pay the excess twice !
Old May 10, 2016, 2:15 pm

I agree, £25 is a fair price to pay, its just the blanket waiver for any HU postcodes, I live nearer than that, but have to pay, seems a little unjust.
As for other carriers, the ever growing fleet of BMWs at Manchester for the EY flights may need a little investigation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.