Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2015, 6:09 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL, SPG Gold , HHonors Diamond ,Marriott Gold Elite
Question LGW F Flight

Originally Posted by murtaza12
Sorry man. No info on BLR right now.
However, it would make a great addition to the thread, when you arrive (and depart from) there, please note the model of the car so I can update the thread. Do try and find out what chauffeur company EK is using in BLR so I can update the contact info as well.
Thanks.

You CAN expect. No guarantees.
What did the chauffeur company say?
They said I should get S class and asked about amount of luggage . Gave the details and they said OK for an S class. Will re-iterate when they call the day before.

How soon before the flight do Emirates release details of who has bookings?
Old Feb 13, 2015, 6:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Sounds like the S class is really important to you col747. Will you be particularly upset if they don't use one ......?

This whole thread has proven to be a great resource for storing, all in one sticky, data about CD cars around the network, based on personal experience of many EK flyers. But it's interesting to reflect that (unless I'm wrong ....) no reference or mention at all is ever made to actual car types by Emirates themselves within their T&C's relating to the service. Which I guess means that - in theory - that could send a passenger a Toyota Corolla, Vauxhall Astra or whatever. I'm well aware that, for all sorts of reasons, this would not happen. That said ...the fact remains that they don't make any guarantees or promises on that score, and one would have a tough job suing them if the 'wrong' car turned up ....!
Old Feb 13, 2015, 8:51 am

Class of Service: J
Car Service: BMW 730ld

Driver said it was one of four 7 series in the fleet.

Mercedes Viano was the other vehicle he mentioned being part of the fleet (and Holden Caprice).
Old Feb 13, 2015, 10:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wrarr
Class of Service: J
Car Service: BMW 730ld

Driver said it was one of four 7 series in the fleet.

Mercedes Viano was the other vehicle he mentioned being part of the fleet (and Holden Caprice).
Thanks.
Main post updated.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 5:41 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL, SPG Gold , HHonors Diamond ,Marriott Gold Elite
Travelling from LGW in F tomorrow. Spoke to Carey Limousine who provide the transfer service and they said you only get S class in F if travelling from LHR. Only one tarriff agreed with Emirates for Gatwick so its E-class or Vlano van depending on luggage requirements.

Seems like Gatwick is second class.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by col747uk
Travelling from LGW in F tomorrow. Spoke to Carey Limousine who provide the transfer service and they said you only get S class in F if travelling from LHR. Only one tarriff agreed with Emirates for Gatwick so its E-class or Vlano van depending on luggage requirements.

Seems like Gatwick is second class.
The difference between E-class and S-class car transfer at LGW is much smaller than the difference between lounge and security differences between LGW and LHR (LGW is superior in every respect apart from boarding from lounge to aircraft and the one pound/euro deposit on baggage carts), so it makes up for it - plus at LGW you are literally dropped off by the door of the check-in area (okay, 20m away, with covered walking area), whereas at LHR there is an additional 200m to walk (uncovered)...so there's that...

Would take LGW over LHR for EK departures any day!
Old Feb 23, 2015, 8:15 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
The difference between E-class and S-class car transfer at LGW is much smaller than the difference between lounge and security differences between LGW and LHR (LGW is superior in every respect apart from boarding from lounge to aircraft and the one pound/euro deposit on baggage carts), so it makes up for it - plus at LGW you are literally dropped off by the door of the check-in area (okay, 20m away, with covered walking area), whereas at LHR there is an additional 200m to walk (uncovered)...so there's that...

Would take LGW over LHR for EK departures any day!
Got a work trip to London coming up soon hopefully so will prob fly to lgw. Probably a better chance of an op up too ex lgw.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by m3red
Got a work trip to London coming up soon hopefully so will prob fly to lgw. Probably a better chance of an op up too ex lgw.
Fat chance of op-ups ex-LGW, it's got to be one of the hardest stations on the entire network to get op-ups out of and I am pretty sure I use LGW more than most!
Old Feb 23, 2015, 10:57 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Fat chance of op-ups ex-LGW, it's got to be one of the hardest stations on the entire network to get op-ups out of and I am pretty sure I use LGW more than most!
J to f? Can't be worse than lhr
Old Feb 23, 2015, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by m3red
J to f? Can't be worse than lhr
Y-J and J-F: LGW has this annoying habit of being 90-95% full in all cabins, instead of overbooked The revenue managers for LGW are too good...!
Old Feb 24, 2015, 9:33 am
Original Poster

The updated main post now shows the mileage restriction (if any) for the listed destinations.
Now there's no need for you to visit the EK website for any info.

Thanks to everyone who helped start this thread and to those who regularly contribute!
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:13 pm

Received 7 series BMW last week, in J at BKK. The driver did note that it was an exception due to high demand that day though.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 1:32 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Can anyone tell me where I will find the driver(s) at LHR?
Old Mar 8, 2015, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh
Can anyone tell me where I will find the driver(s) at LHR?
After leaving customs and through the duty-free shop go straight on, you can't miss the chauffeurs with signs or the EK desk.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 9:01 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
After leaving customs and through the duty-free shop go straight on, you can't miss the chauffeurs with signs or the EK desk.
Thanks very much!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.