Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2015, 6:36 am
Original Poster

Chauffeur drive (EK)

Originally Posted by coveyducks
I don't see Sri Lanka on the list. Do they not do transfers there?
Nope. There is no chauffeur drive service in CMB.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 6:39 pm

Programs: Several here and there, but not as many during my road warrior days!
Originally Posted by murtaza12
Do try and find out what chauffeur company they were using so you can directly complain to them as well for using a poorly kept car in service.
Heard back from Emirates with a basic response apologizing for the poor condition of the car & subpar driver. They did say they would pass along my comments to the chauffeur company which is Avalon. I believe Avalon is the same company that contracts for Virgin Atlantic.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Chauffeur car

Originally Posted by sonomawine
Heard back from Emirates with a basic response apologizing for the poor condition of the car & subpar driver. They did say they would pass along my comments to the chauffeur company which is Avalon. I believe Avalon is the same company that contracts for Virgin Atlantic.
Contact number for Avalon is updated on the main post.

Old Jan 21, 2015, 3:34 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Contact number for Avalon is updated on the main post.

Hi OP, do you mind double check the contact number for PVG? The IDD for China is 86. 81 is for Japan.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 6:26 am
Original Poster

Dialing code

Originally Posted by mediator
Hi OP, do you mind double check the contact number for PVG? The IDD for China is 86. 81 is for Japan.
Hi, thanks for notifying me.
Contact number updated.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 11:00 am

Programs: AA Platinum, UA 1K, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum Elite, Jetblue Mosaic
Is there a number for Boston? I have a pick-up scheduled for tomorrow and still haven't heard from them.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 2:58 pm

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, VS Gold Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold,
JFK and DEL

JFK
Snow/Ice storm 2/2 in NYC. Boston Coach call 24 hours before flight to confirm the pickup. Moved up the time in case of traffic from NJ.

6am pick up in Cadillac Escalade - really top notch car and service. Jersey City to JFK. Boston Coach always has nice cars.

DEL - Driver with Sign Mercedes Sedan - wife didn't get model but if you have been to Delhi and had others pick you up that a Mercedes is top of the line.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 4:56 am
Original Poster

Chauffeur car

Originally Posted by thestallion123
Is there a number for Boston? I have a pick-up scheduled for tomorrow and still haven't heard from them.
Number is same for all airports (in US): +1 800 777 3999

Don't have the number for the chauffeur company for Boston.
If anyone does, PM me please.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 4:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Droch

JFK
Snow/Ice storm 2/2 in NYC. Boston Coach call 24 hours before flight to confirm the pickup. Moved up the time in case of traffic from NJ.

6am pick up in Cadillac Escalade - really top notch car and service. Jersey City to JFK. Boston Coach always has nice cars.

DEL - Driver with Sign Mercedes Sedan - wife didn't get model but if you have been to Delhi and had others pick you up that a Mercedes is top of the line.
Thanks.

Also, it seems DEL has upgraded their service, considering people were complaining about their old C-Class Merc's that were in pretty bad shape.

P.S: Is Boston Coach the name of the company that provides Chauffeur Service for EK in BOS?
Old Feb 6, 2015, 11:11 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL, SPG Gold , HHonors Diamond ,Marriott Gold Elite
Question Cars for Chauffeur transfer

Travelling in F LGW/DXB in a couple if weeks. Are you allowed to reqyuest a specific type of car for the transfer or must you take what you are given?

Do cars get allocated according to Skywards status as well as cabin?.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 1:21 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
No, you just take what's given.

I think the only exception is that if there is more than one pax travelling and the 'group' has an unusually large quantity of luggage, then a people-carrier (albeit an upmarket one....!) is often used. But of course each qualifying pax is actually entitled to a separate car IF wished.

WRT status : Others will confirm if true, but I believe in DXB only, there is a special range of high-end cars allocated exclusively to IO members.

One final point is that the F v J distinction is not ALWAYS made. In outstations, mostly yes. But on the odd occasion in DXB, at times of day when overall CD demand has been particularly high, I have been given a J class rather than F class car.* My journey to the hotel was only around 20 mins, so I had no interest in making a fuss - especially as all the cars are pretty respectable anyway.

*plus, in fairness to EK, it was done in order to get me on my way asap, rather than be kept hanging around in the CD waiting area until the next available F range car was ready.

Last edited by subject2load; Feb 6, 2015 at 1:27 pm
Old Feb 7, 2015, 12:28 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by subject2load

I think the only exception is that if there is more than one pax travelling and the 'group' has an unusually large quantity of luggage, then a people-carrier (albeit an upmarket one....!) is often used. But of course each qualifying pax is actually entitled to a separate car IF wished.

WRT status : Others will confirm if true, but I believe in DXB only, there is a special range of high-end cars allocated exclusively to IO members.

One final point is that the F v J distinction is not ALWAYS made. In outstations, mostly yes. But on the odd occasion in DXB, at times of day when overall CD demand has been particularly high, I have been given a J class rather than F class car.* My journey to the hotel was only around 20 mins, so I had no interest in making a fuss - especially as all the cars are pretty respectable anyway.

*plus, in fairness to EK, it was done in order to get me on my way asap, rather than be kept hanging around in the CD waiting area until the next available F range car was ready.
There is a beautiful fleet of black new s-class mercs for io that replaced the old range rovers - they look stunning
Old Feb 7, 2015, 12:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by col747uk
Travelling in F LGW/DXB in a couple if weeks. Are you allowed to reqyuest a specific type of car for the transfer or must you take what you are given?

Do cars get allocated according to Skywards status as well as cabin?.
As subject2load has mentioned, it depends on the amount of people and how much baggage they have. Skywards status is taken into account as well.

Originally Posted by subject2load

Yes, IO customers have the new S500. It's always standing there, with the black and red IO badge printed on the door.

In some cases, an F passenger gets a J car,
The F car is a Mercedes E200 Estate and the Volvo V70 is for J pax.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 6:42 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
As subject2load has mentioned, it depends on the amount of people and how much baggage they have. Skywards status is taken into account as well.

Yes, IO customers have the new S500. It's always standing there, with the black and red IO badge printed on the door.

In some cases, an F passenger gets a J car,
The F car is a Mercedes E200 Estate and the Volvo V70 is for J pax.
I think they are s400's
Old Feb 8, 2015, 2:27 am
Original Poster

Chauffeur Cars for IO

Originally Posted by m3red
I think they are s400's
They're S500's.
EK doesn't use Hybrids.
I asked the Chauffeur Drive guy at the counter in DXB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.