Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Snacks on A380 Economy to dubai ek004

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2014, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC: Bronze. Skywards: Silver

Hi guys

Will be flying in economy to DxB tomorrow and wondered if I can get snacks from the galley during flight?

Thanks!
Old Jul 29, 2014, 12:13 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold | South African Airways Voyager Gold
Yes. You will need to ask though, as they are not put out to display.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 12:18 pm

Yes, you can ask for them (if not laid out, as much I know, depends on the crew)

Also, if you liked the food, feel free to ask for a second service. I haven't flown in EK Y for a while, but usually they always had some "extra" trays.. once on GRU-DXB I had a trully amazing crew, insisting I'll have a second serve on the second meal (after I asked if I could get a second meal for the first service) - and when I answered with a smile they brought me a business class main dish ^
Old Jul 29, 2014, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Wow sounds like you had a truly great crew!
Do you know what kind of snacks are available?

Thanks!
Old Jul 29, 2014, 1:49 pm

Usually they have some kind of fruit (apples normally), biscuits, chocolates, etc. A380 galleys are quite small (especially the back one) so they won't have it laid out. Just be nice and polite and they will give you some nice stuff! Its not usual to get a J-class meal on 380 tho...the galley is upstairs for that one.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 2:23 pm

Location: London, England, UK, Europe, The World, The Universe
Originally Posted by brentito86
Usually they have some kind of fruit (apples normally), biscuits, chocolates, etc. A380 galleys are quite small (especially the back one) so they won't have it laid out. Just be nice and polite and they will give you some nice stuff! Its not usual to get a J-class meal on 380 tho...the galley is upstairs for that one.
Flights to GRU use 777s
Old Jul 29, 2014, 4:10 pm

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Where are you flying from?

London to Dubai on the menu listed has no snacks, but on the Australian menus it says there are cup noodle dishes available.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

Ahh interesting!
Yeah I'm flying from lHR to DXB, evening flight. menu doesn't mention any snacks.
When I fly with BA in Economy they usual have snacks laid out in the galley.

My seat is in the middle compartment of economy so near the main galley I beleive?
Old Jul 29, 2014, 6:38 pm

No snacks are loaded for UK/European flights apart from biscuits which are standard on every flight and used for serving with a hot drink. Any fruit, sandwich or chocolate would be coming from the crew meal.

Cup noodles are available as a snack on Far East flights and ULR flights to US/Australia have fruit and chocolate snacks loaded along with a pizza, pie, or sandwich offering.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.