Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates gold J/F class access to Qantas Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2014, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AirNZ silver; Qantas Platinum; Emirates Silver.

Hi all,

Would like to hear your opinion about access to Qantas lounge, as I've had mixed experience with access as Emirates Gold.

1) Flying QF domestic in Australia with QF code and QF membership number (silver)- As Skywards Gold I had no problem with access in Cairns but in Sydney I was refused entry. I was given the option of either earning Qantas points but not entry (since I was silver), or change to Skyward number and gain access to lounge. Has anyone experienced this before?

2) Access to Qantas J or F lounge- if I'm flying Emirates with EK codes in J or F class, do I have access to the respectively QF lounge in Sydney/ Melbourne?

I'm organising my honeymoon to Tanzania via DBX and may splash out and fly F to DBX, and I want to know if I can gain access to QF F lounge as I don't think there's Emirates F lounge in Syd or MEL? In any case, if the F lounge better than Emirates J lounge? I just like to go lounge hopping sometimes.

Thank you for sharing.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 10:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

[1] you are not the 1st to report a lounge requiring that the membership providing entitlement be associated with the booking

[2] you can use the 1st Qantas lounge if travelling in 1st and the buisness lounge is travelling in 1st or business on Emirates. I personally am not that bothered about the Qantas 1st lounge in Sydney , but others do like it. If departing from Melbourne , it is easier to visit both and decide which is preferable since the QF F lounge and the EK lounges are adjacent. In Sydney there is quite a walk between the 2
Old Jul 30, 2014, 6:16 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
[1] you are not the 1st to report a lounge requiring that the membership providing entitlement be associated with the booking

[2] you can use the 1st Qantas lounge if travelling in 1st and the buisness lounge is travelling in 1st or business on Emirates. I personally am not that bothered about the Qantas 1st lounge in Sydney , but others do like it. If departing from Melbourne , it is easier to visit both and decide which is preferable since the QF F lounge and the EK lounges are adjacent. In Sydney there is quite a walk between the 2
If flying QF9 back to Dubai, connecting to EK in Dubai (both legs in business) - can you use the EK lounge at Melbourne?

Thanks for any info
Old Jul 30, 2014, 6:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by secretplantofightinflation
If flying QF9 back to Dubai, connecting to EK in Dubai (both legs in business) - can you use the EK lounge at Melbourne?
Yes - and would ( unless the lounge was v busy ) definitely be my choice of lounge of the 2
Old Jul 31, 2014, 1:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks Dave
Old Oct 31, 2014, 8:31 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Can a Qantas Platinum flying EK F access the Qantas lounge at TBIT in LAX?

The QF website lists that lounge as a Qantas lounge, not an associated or joint lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.