Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

considering booking an etihad flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2014, 5:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Blue :-( BAEC

I usually fly EK. The flights at present for March '15 to Oz are still flex, they haven't released any saver deals as yet. The multi stop I am looking to book in J is £3900 ex GLA with Emirates. ( I know I could wait it out...)

When searching via Opodo I found an Etihad offer at £2605.

My concerns are:

1) GLA via MAN is a 45 min connection, will this be long enough? With flybe
2) I have never flown Etihad, J seat looks ok on the 777 and 330/200. Anyone's experience would be welcome in comparison to Emirates J on 777 300ER is my usual

I will post over in Etihad forum too, I know a few on here have MAN experience/base so thought worthwhile for thoughts and to ask about the Emirates v Etihad J service inflight.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 5:58 am

Programs: QR Gold/CX Silver/EK Silver/EY Gold/Spire Royal Ambassador/Hilton Diamond
Go with etihad much better experience onboard. Seats are flat beds. On demand dining unlike emirates. I think the only edge emirates has is on the IFE but etihad is not bad too. Also etihad miles are way more valuable than emirates skyscam miles the only thing i wouldnt be able to tell you is the connection from gla to man. I feel etihad onboard experience is way better than EK and they are cheaper!!!!
Old Jul 22, 2014, 6:22 am

Programs: EK Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Gold
I fly both (dependent upon price) to Oz, in J.

Wouldn't hesitate to book Etihad tbh (if you can make your connection).
Old Jul 22, 2014, 6:43 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
As per the FT rules, cross-posting is not allowed. This thread is now closed, please continue discussion in the EY forum.

Zol
Emirates Skywards forum co-moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.