Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I love the new Taipei Route

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2014, 7:28 am
Original Poster

I love the new Taipei Route

Got upgraded already twice and even my mom got Y - C at DXB and it was her first ever EK flight, separate purchased tickets. Y was totally packed again, seems this is quite a good route for EK but then, there is not much choice from here. F however was empty, again. This time we even had the new IFE with the widescreens ^
Old Jul 20, 2014, 9:30 pm

Hi there,
Will be taking this flight soon from Taipei-Dubai, in Y, are they using a modern plane or rotating through some of the older ones randomly? Is it always busy in Y so far? Any other feedback?

I am Qantas Gold, according to Emirates website I can get into the China Dynasty Lounge, has anyone ever been in here?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 10:23 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry, Hertz 5*
Taipei,

Congrats! What a great inaugural trip for your mother. Question: how did you get your 2 upgrades? OW Sapphire status or Skywards Gold status? How hard is the latter to obtain (I have OW Sapphire, but it's never helped me)... thanks.

-AD
Old Jul 24, 2014, 3:54 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, Amex Plat, SkyTeam Silver
Originally Posted by airbornedaddy
Taipei,

Congrats! What a great inaugural trip for your mother. Question: how did you get your 2 upgrades? OW Sapphire status or Skywards Gold status? How hard is the latter to obtain (I have OW Sapphire, but it's never helped me)... thanks.

-AD
EK won't recognise your status with OW.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 6:53 am
Original Poster

well we had two different purchased tickets, she purchased hers with her CC, mine was purchased through our company TA. We both got upgraded at the final gate in DXB. On my way to DXB I got upgraded at the check in in T1 in Taipei. My ticket was a saver fare... they had an old plane from TPE to DXB, well at least the ICE was old, those large 4:3 screens with bad resolution, the return flight had the brand new ICE and USB charging.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.