Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chauffeur Drive FAQs

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2015, 12:32 pm

Programs: AC75, TD AeroInfiniteP, AmexBizPLAT, SPG-G HyattGlobby
Originally Posted by tng11
I was able to get a chauffeur drive from DXB to the city without pre-booking on a partner award ticket. Nice consolation after my drive at HKG was cancelled the morning of on the day of departure (despite my repeated inquiries and them telling me it would be honoured.)

One strange thing that happened was the driver at DXB was rather aggressive in demanding a tip from me when I was dropped off. All I had was a 500 AED bill (stupid cash machine), and he was insistent I dig up anything any currency for him. Eventually gave him a handful of Euro coins I happened to have tucked away and he took all the 1 and 2 Euro pieces and handed me back all the small stuff (without saying thank you either.)
Hi tng11,
When you arrived in DXB, did you just walk up to the EK CD counter and present your EK-F/J boarding pass to the reception? I have a similar situation coming up in 2 months.

Regarding the bullying of the driver for tips, I normally plan on tipping them anyways if they are friendly, make an "attempt" to help with the bags, or even if they hold the door for me. Once they go rogue on me, see ya later. My motto is, "At least humour me, and pretend you care, and your actions will be rewarded accordingly."

LFC
Old Feb 26, 2015, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by luvFclass
Hi tng11,
When you arrived in DXB, did you just walk up to the EK CD counter and present your EK-F/J boarding pass to the reception? I have a similar situation coming up in 2 months.

Regarding the bullying of the driver for tips, I normally plan on tipping them anyways if they are friendly, make an "attempt" to help with the bags, or even if they hold the door for me. Once they go rogue on me, see ya later. My motto is, "At least humour me, and pretend you care, and your actions will be rewarded accordingly."

LFC

in the several hundred times I've used the service in Dubai I have not had anything but exceptional service. I can not believe that any driver would demand cash (as they would lose their jobs). I can only think the guy wasnt in an Emirates car and someone arranged a private one, hence demanding cash.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 12:26 am

***update from emirates****

Well, i had a reply from customer affairs (I think i may have wrote to the wrong place!) with a generic email saying call your local emirates office. So, i call Dubai and say Customer Affairs have asked me to call....tell them my query and hey presto they took both our booking numbers and we are sharing my car!!!! So there you go! Done!^

This is quite good information as the lady said if i had not have called they would not have accepted him!

Last edited by freakstar; Feb 27, 2015 at 1:00 am
Old Mar 16, 2015, 7:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: United GS, Emirates iO (Invitation Only)
Sorry not sure if this is the correct thread for this question, but ill ask anyway.

I might have to take a quick trip to Dubai tomorrow from IAH. I won't know for sure until tomorrow morning, but if I were to book the ticket tomorrow morning for travel on EK212 for tomorrow night (7pm) what are the chances they could get the chauffeur drive here in Houston? If they can't its really no problem but of course I wouldn't mind it. I am interested to see how far they would go for an IO, such as booking a separate car service or something like that. I know this would be much easier in DXB then an outstation, but I've never had to reserve the chauffeur service so close to departure. They were able to do it once with 24 hours notice but this will be less then 12 hours.

Thoughts?
Old Mar 16, 2015, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by Houstonflyer2139
Sorry not sure if this is the correct thread for this question, but ill ask anyway.

I might have to take a quick trip to Dubai tomorrow from IAH. I won't know for sure until tomorrow morning, but if I were to book the ticket tomorrow morning for travel on EK212 for tomorrow night (7pm) what are the chances they could get the chauffeur drive here in Houston? If they can't its really no problem but of course I wouldn't mind it. I am interested to see how far they would go for an IO, such as booking a separate car service or something like that. I know this would be much easier in DXB then an outstation, but I've never had to reserve the chauffeur service so close to departure. They were able to do it once with 24 hours notice but this will be less then 12 hours.

Thoughts?
Try it and let us know - I suspect they may deliver for you
Old Mar 16, 2015, 7:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
Try it and let us know - I suspect they may deliver for you
Will do if i end up traveling! I hope you're right!
Old Mar 17, 2015, 2:24 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Can anyone tell me if I can expect a confirmation call for a car pickup in CPT (and if so, how long in advance)?
Having switched from SA to EK, I am using the chauffeur service for the first time ex CPT. If the car somehow does not show up, it will be too late to make an alternative arrangement.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by Houstonflyer2139
Will do if i end up traveling! I hope you're right!
Considering there are only about 100-150 iOs globally, I think they can probably spare some time out of a ground agent's time to arrange it for you, haha!
Old Apr 1, 2015, 8:13 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by thijsseh
Can anyone tell me if I can expect a confirmation call for a car pickup in CPT (and if so, how long in advance)?
Having switched from SA to EK, I am using the chauffeur service for the first time ex CPT. If the car somehow does not show up, it will be too late to make an alternative arrangement.
To answer my own question, for the benefit of others departing from CPT:
I did phone the call centre to ask if the chauffeur supplier would contact me and the reply was 'usually yes, but not 100% guaranteed'. I then asked if the chauffeur was guaranteed and she said that as long as it showed in my booking I could be assured it was in order (and she offered to check for me, which I declined as I could see the car in my booking myself). About 20hrs before the flight the car company did call to confirm. And the driver was actually 15 minutes early on the day. Mercedes C class. Excellent service with the driver securing a trolly for me at the airport.

Again very good service at LHR. Driver carried my bags into the house on arrival.

Both drivers earned their tips! ^
Old Apr 1, 2015, 11:00 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
I never got a call at Cpt but the driver was there.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 6:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
Considering there are only about 100-150 iOs globally, I think they can probably spare some time out of a ground agent's time to arrange it for you, haha!
Sorry for the late reply, I completely forgot I posted in this thread and have been very busy the past month!

And yes, EK did come through! I called in as soon as i booked the ticket that morning around 7am, and received a confirmation just 2.5 hours later (so pretty much just 6 hours before scheduled pick up)
And thats why I love EK!
Old Apr 14, 2015, 9:54 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by tng11

One strange thing that happened was the driver at DXB was rather aggressive in demanding a tip from me when I was dropped off. All I had was a 500 AED bill (stupid cash machine), and he was insistent I dig up anything any currency for him. Eventually gave him a handful of Euro coins I happened to have tucked away and he took all the 1 and 2 Euro pieces and handed me back all the small stuff (without saying thank you either.)
With that attitude, your Dubai driver has a great future working as a cab driver in New York
Old Apr 27, 2015, 11:23 am

Programs: UA P, BA S, A3 *G, IHG Plat, Marriott Lt P, Hilton Gld, etc.
Borderline case - UK

I'll be traveling from LHR and needs to be picked up from Swindon. Google map advises there are 69 miles driving distance from the pick up location to the "Heathrow airport" but there are 71.3 miles driving distance from pick up location to the "Heathrow airport terminal 3". Direct distance is 61.7 miles.

As EK advises that everything within 70 mile radius is eligible for chauffeur drive, would my pick up location be covered?

AX
Old Apr 27, 2015, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by AX9465
I'll be traveling from LHR and needs to be picked up from Swindon. Google map advises there are 69 miles driving distance from the pick up location to the "Heathrow airport" but there are 71.3 miles driving distance from pick up location to the "Heathrow airport terminal 3". Direct distance is 61.7 miles.

As EK advises that everything within 70 mile radius is eligible for chauffeur drive, would my pick up location be covered?

AX
Yes, would be eligible for chauffeur drive there - as noted, at LHR the basis is within the 70-miles radius, not driving distance.
Old May 15, 2015, 8:25 pm

Programs: NEXUS, UA Club
Does anyone know what the rates are for requiring a ride outside of the allocated radius? I might be flying J from JFK but am outside the 70 mile radius. I'm wondering if I should get a hotel that is within the limit and get picked up from there, or just pay the extra to be picked up from home. The website said anything outside the approved area would have to be paid for, but didn't mention how this was calculated. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.