Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates to introduce A380 service to Kuwait from July 16

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2014, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold, Etihad Silver, Qatar Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, SPG, Hilton

EK 857 and EK 858 will be upgraded to a double decker, bringing Emirates’ highly popular flagship aircraft to Kuwait International Airport.

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/kt-artic...ction=aviation
Old Apr 21, 2014, 11:13 pm

is this the worlds shortest A380 flight?
Old Apr 22, 2014, 3:42 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by TaipeiWang
Thats what I was wondering as well. Will it be viable I wonder.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 5:55 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
it will take longer to board than to fly to KWI.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 6:45 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Waiting for the day they will fly an A380 to DOH...
Old Apr 22, 2014, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold, Etihad Silver, Qatar Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by go_around
Waiting for the day they will fly an A380 to DOH...
or DXB to Abu Dhabi !!!

I fly 2-3 times a month to Kuwait, and I can tell you its chaos at the Kuwait airport and that's on the 777. Visa on arrival que's are a nightmare, and will become even more sowhen the A380 starts flying.

The que to board when leaving Kuwait, is just as bad, as it already extends to 2 or 3 other gates, and again that's just on the 777 !!!

I dont think EK are doing the right thing with flying huge planes to airports that cannot handle the loads, Im sure like me, as que's get worse, passengers will start to look to the other options flying smaller planes to avoid the long waits at the non-DXB airports.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 1:59 pm

Location: London, England, UK, Europe, The World, The Universe
Originally Posted by sammy7
or DXB to Abu Dhabi !!!

I fly 2-3 times a month to Kuwait, and I can tell you its chaos at the Kuwait airport and that's on the 777. Visa on arrival que's are a nightmare, and will become even more sowhen the A380 starts flying.

The que to board when leaving Kuwait, is just as bad, as it already extends to 2 or 3 other gates, and again that's just on the 777 !!!

I dont think EK are doing the right thing with flying huge planes to airports that cannot handle the loads, Im sure like me, as que's get worse, passengers will start to look to the other options flying smaller planes to avoid the long waits at the non-DXB airports.
They already do, if you accompany an AC to maintenance
Old Apr 22, 2014, 3:31 pm

Heard Dubai to Jeddah on A380 is very profitable for Emirates.

Hence why Kuwait is on the list.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 3:33 am

Programs: EK, BA, EY, SQ, IHG, HH, SPG

Jeddah further away and so gives more time for the plane to reach crushing altitude although not much time before top of decent! Having said that Kuwait is always over booked. I wouldn't be surprised if they could fill an a380 on a regular basis. Part of the issue with Saudi and Kuwait are the alternative airlines. Locals and foreigners both strongly prefer Ek over Saudia and KA.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 7:31 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by TaipeiWang
Riyadh is closer isnt it?
Old Apr 23, 2014, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by m3red
Riyadh is closer isnt it?
Yes, RUH is closer but EK don`t use the A380 to RUH.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 5:42 pm

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by sammy7
or DXB to Abu Dhabi !!!

Just how bad are the lines for the VOA at KWI? Does it take more than a hour? I'm visiting KWI in June.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 6:25 pm

Programs: EK, BA, EY, SQ, IHG, HH, SPG

I beleive it can get quite bad. If you are staying overnight in Kuwait I would recommend you get the hotel to sort a visa on arrival arrival and then organise the marhaba equivalent service in Kuwait. They will meet you off the plane with the visa. Much quicker than on arrival. I have a few colleagues who do it that way and say its by far the best way.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 2:50 pm

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Originally Posted by JTXC
Just how bad are the lines for the VOA at KWI? Does it take more than a hour? I'm visiting KWI in June.
Horrific. 1 hour if you are lucky.
Unless you arrive with the night flight.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 3:27 pm

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
I am arriving at 2115 on EK 859. I am in F if that matters. Has anyone used the arrival service (Hala?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.