Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates to introduce A380 service to Kuwait from July 16

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2014, 4:09 pm

Programs: EK, BA, EY, SQ, IHG, HH, SPG

Hala good if you already have the hotel visa. More random I hear at getting you to the front of the queue for on Arrival but surely better than not having that option.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 4:24 pm

I am not surprised EK is sending an A380 to Kuwait. Flights are typically well booked (=sold out). It is more surprising that the government of Kuwait allowed EK even more capacity. Normally they do anything to protect their underperforming national carrier.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by JTXC
I am arriving at 2115 on EK 859. I am in F if that matters. Has anyone used the arrival service (Hala?)
Hala is smooth and effective. I used them several times when I was stuck in a back row seat on EK. The lines can be horrendous.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by Forrest Bump
Horrific. 1 hour if you are lucky.
Unless you arrive with the night flight.
I always try to travel with a young staff member who runs like crazy after arrival to be the first in line for the visas. Then immigration is a breeze. But I have been waiting 3 hours in line before.

The only relaxing element of that wait is to hear American travellers curse about the "discriminatory" immigration procedures. I think they have no clue what immigrating to the U.S. can be like.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 5:43 pm

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
So, if I am off first, since I am in F, I could get to the counter first. I think I might buy the arrival service with visa delivery.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by TaipeiWang
is this the worlds shortest A380 flight?
Yeah, way too short. I won't fly on it. You can't have beverage & meals. Due to short flight. Either way, you may purchase foods & drinks inside the entire concourse.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 4:07 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Originally Posted by CalFlyer
I always try to travel with a young staff member who runs like crazy after arrival to be the first in line for the visas. Then immigration is a breeze. But I have been waiting 3 hours in line before.

The only relaxing element of that wait is to hear American travellers curse about the "discriminatory" immigration procedures. I think they have no clue what immigrating to the U.S. can be like.
I was lucky to casually book a night connection DXB-KWI, and being the only one at the visa counter naively assumed that was a breeze (and free of charge) standard procedure.
Then, the day after, going back and forth to BAH and DXB again, spent several hours at KWI, looking at the passenger crowd, realizing how lucky I was.
An ordeal like that after few longhauls is the last thing you want.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 4:16 pm

Programs: free agent
I am booking a mileage run with EK a month ago that will include immediate turnaround (I am planning to ask EK to give me KWI-DXB, since I am only going to be there for 1.5 hours). I can stay airside, and going through transit desk? Tried to find information on KWI turnaround, but not so much. Thanks!
Old Aug 20, 2014, 4:51 am

Programs: EK, BA, EY, SQ, IHG, HH, SPG

You should get your return boarding pass issued in Dubai as it is within 24 hours then head to the lounge in KWI if business, otherwise enjoy the extensive duty free and other facilities until boarding! . Arrivals and departures not segregated so should he very easy. Only wrinkle is the departure stamp on boarding pass In KWI which I think they still do I can't remember if customs bother checking for that anymore on boarding. They do in Saudi not sure about Kuwait.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 4:56 pm

There are several visa on arrival assistance services at KWI. I have always used Maraheb. Our office there arranges it for me, but you can do it yourself via a web page.

After a long flight and then emerging from the aircraft into the pandemonium that is KWI airport, the service is absolutely worth it. It's not just the crowd and disorganised queuing at the visa counter – if it is your first time, the process is completely confusing as there are several steps in the process and no obvious signs with instructions on how to do it.

If you use one of the arrival services, you are met when you exit the aircraft and the whole process is painless and quick - never more than about ten minutes for me. Keep in mind that it is not just the queue to obtain your visa, but there is another queue downstairs as you pass the arrivals immigration officer booth. If you use the arrival service, the agent takes you around that queue as well and directly into the baggage area.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by N830MH
Yeah, way too short. I won't fly on it. You can't have beverage & meals. Due to short flight. Either way, you may purchase foods & drinks inside the entire concourse.
I don't know about Y but in C EK serve a small hot meal as well as full beverage service (no alcohol until you are in the air departing from KWI) between KWI and DXB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.