Missed Connection

Old Apr 20, 2014, 4:21 am
Original Poster

Missed Connection

Hi would like a quick bit of advice on how to proceed. Booked on KUL-BHX (via DXB) in business. Missed connection in DXB due to flight leaving KUL late and missing take off slot. Arrived at 2.20pm and was told flight to BHX had closed. Booked on to next flight (next day) and given hotel voucher. Asked if could fly to London instead, or fly with another carrier and told no. Bags arrived at hotel 10 hours after landing, and missed work (and had to employ a locum physician). Travel insurance have advised not covered as flight was not delayed, it was missed connection. Emirates have not responded to my complaint. Cheers
Old Apr 20, 2014, 5:35 am

Craigslist Dubai has an entire section on Missed Connections : http://dubai.craigslist.org/i/personals?category=mis

(Just kidding!)

I think the first point in deciding how to proceed is to determine what exactly you want from Emirates. Reimbursement for costs? Compensation over and above? Cash? Miles?
Old Apr 20, 2014, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by B747-437B
Craigslist Dubai has an entire section on Missed Connections : http://dubai.craigslist.org/i/personals?category=mis

(Just kidding!)

I think the first point in deciding how to proceed is to determine what exactly you want from Emirates. Reimbursement for costs? Compensation over and above? Cash? Miles?
A response would be nice! I just want my costs to be reimbursed don't mind if that's in cash or miles equivalent. Ground staff commented that this happens a lot.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 2:07 pm

I have found that perhaps 50% of my Customer Service related messages to Emirates over the years go unanswered. I just nag them by sending reminders constantly until they eventually give in.

If you can document your directly incurred costs with receipts, you will probably get reimbursement for those. Stuff like lost earnings, etc.. will get you nowhere (except maybe some miles for goodwill). Usually, I've found that 7-10 hr delays get me 15000 miles in compensation.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 9:53 am

Last year I flew LHR-DXB-KHI in June. The connection time was 1 hour 15 minutes anyway so I knew it would be tight. A half an hour late departure plus congestion around DXB meant I missed the connection and was rebooked onto the next available flight which was 7 hours later. Meal voucher was issued. I complained to Emirates and was given 15,000 Skywards miles as a gesture of goodwill. To be honest I consider myself lucky that I got a response in the first place, seeing the number of people on FT who struggle to get a reply from EK complaints.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.