Upgrade Cost

Old Apr 16, 2014, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Question Upgrade Cost

I have a friend who has an economy tkt, YYZ-BOM. On his way back to YYZ he is stopping over in DXB. He wants to upgrade the BOM to DXB segment. Any idea what the cost would be?
Old Apr 16, 2014, 9:29 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
I have a friend who has an economy tkt, YYZ-BOM. On his way back to YYZ he is stopping over in DXB. He wants to upgrade the BOM to DXB segment. Any idea what the cost would be?
It's not possible to pay for single sector upgrades that are part of a bigger journey.

He could check on the skywards upgrade availability and buy miles if needed/he is able.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 12:45 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Sector upgrades are possible with miles only or otherwise if EK sends you a special email offer to upgrade a sector. If your friend has flown EK before from YYZ-BOM, then depending on the class of ticket, he should have miles to try for the BOM-DXB upgrade. Note that upgrade availability on BOM-DXB sector has been pretty scarce lately as the school vacations have started.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.