Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Business Class availability DXB-LHR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2014, 5:40 pm
Original Poster

Hi all,

I am planning on flying out from LGW on EK10 on 3rd June and back to LHR on 6th June on EK29. I have enough Skywards miles to upgrade one sector from Economy to Business, however they are all not upgradable before check in (presumably they are Saver fares). This is quite disappointing so I wanted to ask all of you from your experiences what you think the chances are of a seat in J being available on EK29. I'm not sure of how full flights are in early June hence the thread. I don't want to upgrade from Y to J from LGW due to the APD I would have to pay.

Thanks,

Uzair
Old Apr 15, 2014, 9:57 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Uzair
Hi all,

I am planning on flying out from LGW on EK10 on 3rd June and back to LHR on 6th June on EK29. I have enough Skywards miles to upgrade one sector from Economy to Business, however they are all not upgradable before check in (presumably they are Saver fares). This is quite disappointing so I wanted to ask all of you from your experiences what you think the chances are of a seat in J being available on EK29. I'm not sure of how full flights are in early June hence the thread. I don't want to upgrade from Y to J from LGW due to the APD I would have to pay.

Thanks,

Uzair
You may have a small chance. These flights are going out full in j and f daily.

I'd get to check in at t-3 and ask.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by m3red
You may have a small chance. These flights are going out full in j and f daily.

I'd get to check in at t-3 and ask.
Edit looks wide open on Ef at the moment but my experiences of flights to the uk on a Friday is that they leave full. Not sure how busy June is. I assume it's the calm before the summer exodus.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 1:07 am

Programs: BA, bmi, USAir, Aeroplan, AirBerlin, Marriott, SolMeliaMas, BAAWorldpoints
If EK10 is the A380 flight, I'd have thought that the chance of an upgrade would be better on it than on your return flight.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 3:33 am

Programs: Emirates Silver, BA, Flying Blue, Virgin, IHG
Originally Posted by Seat64A
If EK10 is the A380 flight, I'd have thought that the chance of an upgrade would be better on it than on your return flight.
Don't forget on the return there is UKPassenger tax at a MUCH higher rate.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 4:59 am

you only pay APD ex UK. It is only 69GBP.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Edit looks wide open on Ef at the moment but my experiences of flights to the uk on a Friday is that they leave full. Not sure how busy June is. I assume it's the calm before the summer exodus.
May I ask what Ef is?

Originally Posted by Seat64A
EK10 is indeed the A380 flight.

you only pay APD ex UK. It is only 69GBP.
I had no idea of this. The reason I decided I would rather upgrade DXB-LHR is because of the APD I would have to pay, and thought it would be a lot more than £69. Also, the Business Class lounge in Dubai is definitely one I'd like to experience!
Old Apr 16, 2014, 8:13 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
May I ask what Ef is?
It is a reference to expertflyer.com a subscription based website that provides much information that is useful including availabilities. Worth checking out - you can have a free trial for a few days to see if it makes sense for you to subscribe to. Many of us on these boards do so.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 4:36 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the help. Downloaded ExperFlyer on my phone and the DXB-LHR sector is way more busy than the outbound journey. I should probably play around with dates. Tickets will be booked on 28th April as that is when I receive my next student loan payment!
Old Apr 17, 2014, 5:15 am

Thanks for the help. Downloaded ExperFlyer on my phone and the DXB-LHR sector is way more busy than the outbound journey. I should probably play around with dates. Tickets will be booked on 28th April as that is when I receive my next student loan payment!
remember the figures are only guidelines and what EK is prepared to sell...note that EK often oversell y and j.

I was upgraded on a flight from IST to DXB that looked wide open on EF on the morning of the flight.

It is useful to see when op ups look good eg all y fares are 0 and j and f shows 7 and 4's. Then you still don't know how oversold a flight actually is....
Old Apr 17, 2014, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Ah okay. I will keep you updated on the flights I end up booking on the 28th.

I was also wondering, are there restrictions on tickets bought from outside the Emirates website? Skyscanner has shown some websites which are selling the tickets at around £20 cheaper than what Emirates are selling the same ticket for.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.