Fog in Dubai today

Subscribe
Seems that all flights departing this morning are ~200 minutes delayed?
Anyone knows the reason?
Flights were delayed due to heavy fog which reduced the airport to single runway ops. Several diversions occurred to Dubai World Central airport. Fog is also expected tonight.
Must have been very bad. I am sat in the EK lounge at MAN waiting for EK18 to depart. Scheduled time 1320, estimate time 1800 !!
Interesting to note how EK handled this delay by the way. On the positive side they called my cell phone and informed me with plenty of time about the delay, which was great. Not sure they did that for everyone (I am Plat flying in F, but one would hope that they called all pax).

On the downside, they informed me that I could check in as late as 1330 for an 1800 departure. Now I know things can change and that the inbound flight can make up time a little, but it struck me as way too early to close check in before the flight (4.5 hours!!)

As a result of the delay I have spent almost $1000 in duty free at MAN, and I am minded to sue EK for forcing me to sit surrounded by temptation for all these hours
Bad fog.
And I already thought the security personell is also striking out of solidarity for their poor german colleagues in Frankfurt ^^
Was due to fly EK16 today leaving 13:35 from Gatwick. It's now 16:15 and the inbound flight from DXB is still an hour away.

Currently scheduled to leave LGW at 19:10. And I have no idea about my connection.

Incidentally no text/email or anything. But it's a systemwide issue so I'm not expecting anything as I suspect they're having a bad enough day.
Oh gawd, my quick BA TP run could go pear shaped... Today's flight left 4+ hours late.
Quote: Oh gawd, my quick BA TP run could go pear shaped... Today's flight left 4+ hours late.
If you get stuck in DXB pm me. I am there for a couple of days and we could arrange an impromptu FT bash

My inbound just landed 30 mins ago, so I guess the MAN flight is looking good for 1800
Quote: If you get stuck in DXB pm me. I am there for a couple of days and we could arrange an impromptu FT bash

My inbound just landed 30 mins ago, so I guess the MAN flight is looking good for 1800
I'm actually heading to HEL via LHR on Monday morning. I got stuck at LHR 2 weeks ago after a delay from HEL. I don't fancy it again
Fog in Dubai today
Anyone else travel through Dubai today? We sat for three hours on the Tarmac and we couldn't even see the plane next to us. The crew handled the situation really well and they even served us breakfast on the ground. Saw some planes had 8+ hrs delay.
I'll be going through Dubai on Tuesday, so if the situation persists til then, see you all in the lounge for the waiting game.
Yeah, I'll see you all on Wednesday then!!
Fog in Dubai today
It's a very sad situation in Dubai lot of people waiting inside airport.
So I landed at 0515 this morning, instead of 0030. The airport was really not geared up at all for the delays.

It took us about 10 mins to wait for the stand to be readied for us to disembark

I was not met by Dnata, despite having paid

The bags took well over an hour to start to arrive

I had to wait 20 mins for the chauffeur car. There was a serious amount of bodies waiting. In the end they got me a taxi car instead of the usual First limo. This I didn't mind as they were obviously being proactive, but the driver was insane - not up to the usual standard - very fast and aggressive and quite scary.

I admit some of the above is not really under the control of EK, but it was a frustrating end to a difficult day. Lots of angry pax and frustrated staff (it can't have been easy for them either) at baggage and chauffeur area.