Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

BKK lounge closed for refurbishment

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BKK lounge closed for refurbishment

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2014, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by A351
Yes, the new EK lounge at BKK has re-opened and it looks a lot better than the old one. Only had a brief look over the weekend; I was not flying EK on that day.
I think it is definitely better than before - many more seats, especially for solo travellers, another bar area near the TV by the toilets, which have also been fixed up, standard water feature and a business center that is more functional, aka, half of it is now seating area! Catering however is the same contractor, so opinions on that will be the same! But better than QF imho.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 2:42 am

Yes, far better than QF, and I am really happy that we are back to the EK lounge now that it has re-opened.

As for food, I have visited TG, SQ, BR, CX, and the Louis Tavern contract lounge, and for me the EK lounge definitely has the best catering.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 3:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by tookay
Yes, far better than QF, and I am really happy that we are back to the EK lounge now that it has re-opened.

As for food, I have visited TG, SQ, BR, CX, and the Louis Tavern contract lounge, and for me the EK lounge definitely has the best catering.
You think that the EK lounge has better catering than the TG 1st lounge?
Old Jul 26, 2014, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
You think that the EK lounge has better catering than the TG 1st lounge?
The EK lounge at BKK does not have separate catering for F, but to my preferences, I find the fare in the EK lounge to be much better than TG's F catering. Lounge catering for TG C is not even in the same league.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 7:07 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
I was there today, surprised how small it is - man lounge is much bigger!

Still a nice lounge, breakfast wasn't great though, waited for lunch on the flight which was good as j was empty.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 10:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by tookay
The EK lounge at BKK does not have separate catering for F, but to my preferences, I find the fare in the EK lounge to be much better than TG's F catering. Lounge catering for TG C is not even in the same league.
each to their own; I think that EK does good offerings for a business lounge but is well short of TG's first lounge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.