Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates Wishlist for 2014 (Incl Route Rumours)

Emirates Wishlist for 2014 (Incl Route Rumours)

Old Apr 3, 2014, 8:25 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Patriots
Folks on airliners.net say DFW will get an EK A380. As an announcement is to be set soon If true, Emirates will have an available 777-200LR. I guess this might give MIA the green light.
Official now, from 1-OCT.
http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/2...rt-worth.html/
Old Apr 3, 2014, 9:05 am

Well when EK announced an upgrade on SEA from a 77L to a 77W. They announced ORD. ORD will get the 77L. I guess Emirartes like to start US routes with a 77L.

This is why I'm saying they can use the free 77L on MIA. Rumor has it saying (couple months ago) that Emirates will launch MIA in October. Right when DFW gets the A380.
It all makes sense.

MIA has to be the next US destination for Emirates. It makes sense. After all, Emirates mentioned MIA so many times. I guess we can expect something.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 9:39 am

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
If MIA is indeed now a near-certainty for the immediate future, perhaps we can speculate on which US destinations are next in the pipeline. I would think likely candidates for a 2015 launch are ATL, DEN, PHL. And perhaps a third (fourth) daily JFK.

Just to play devil's advocate, perhaps the soon-to-be-released 77L is for YVR!
Old Apr 3, 2014, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by JTXC
If MIA is indeed now a near-certainty for the immediate future, perhaps we can speculate on which US destinations are next in the pipeline. I would think likely candidates for a 2015 launch are ATL, DEN, PHL. And perhaps a third (fourth) daily JFK.

Just to play devil's advocate, perhaps the soon-to-be-released 77L is for YVR!

I think it will be ATL. But would EK really want to fight Delta for it?
As for a 4th daily to JFK.. It could be to EWR instead of adding another flight to JFK.

PHL or DEN ? I don't see it happening anytime soon.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 10:01 am

Well when EK announced an upgrade on SEA from a 77L to a 77W. They announced ORD. ORD will get the 77L. I guess Emirartes like to start US routes with a 77L.

This is why I'm saying they can use the free 77L on MIA. Rumor has it saying (couple months ago) that Emirates will launch MIA in October. Right when DFW gets the A380.
It all makes sense.

MIA has to be the next US destination for Emirates. It makes sense. After all, Emirates mentioned MIA so many times. I guess we can expect something.
The B77L currently deployed to DFW will be used on one of the PER rotations starting on October 01, so at least the DFW frame will not be used to launch another US flight.

By the end of the year, the B77L flight program looks as follows

BOS
ORD
HND
PER
LYS
SEZ (2 daily)
DEL

There is enough spare capacity in the system for an additional Europe rotation, but not more than that.

As for the next US city, I would not rule Newark out.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 1:30 pm

I think there will be more changes until October so we might see another US route.

If BOS or ORD doing very well they will see B77W soon. Also LYS could switch easily to B77W and we have one more frame freed up.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 3:55 pm

Location: London, England, UK, Europe, The World, The Universe
Originally Posted by EK77W
I think there will be more changes until October so we might see another US route.

If BOS or ORD doing very well they will see B77W soon. Also LYS could switch easily to B77W and we have one more frame freed up.
Or, EK, might, though unusual, announce another US route with a 77W.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by EK77W

Exactly.

I'm sure we can see a 77W at BOS in October.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by diontd
Or, EK, might, though unusual, announce another US route with a 77W.
I doubt that. They like to start off with a 77L. I'm assuming like above, that EK will upgrade BOS to a 77W or another city to a 77W and give the opportunity that MIA desperately needs.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 4:25 pm

Location: London, England, UK, Europe, The World, The Universe
I doubt that. They like to start off with a 77L. I'm assuming like above, that EK will upgrade BOS to a 77W or another city to a 77W and give the opportunity that MIA desperately needs.
That's why I said it is unusual.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA Plat
I've heard rumors of new DXB flights to the States announcing soon
Old Apr 19, 2014, 7:00 pm

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
I really thought they would be changing the 77W of the DXB-GIG-EZE-GIG-DXB route to an a380 for the World Cup this June/July...
Old Apr 20, 2014, 12:36 am

The reason is that both Airports, GRU + GIG are not A380 ready.

EK, LH and AF wanted to fly to GRU with the A380, but the plans were cancelled.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by nkrijeka
I've heard rumors of new DXB flights to the States announcing soon
States as in the United States?

I wonder when they will announce it? And where? My guess is MIA. And that's what I sticking with.

Also.. Where did you here the rumors?
Old Apr 20, 2014, 4:26 pm

Programs: EK Platinum
A bird whispered me IAH will switch to A380.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.