Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK 191 Lisbon - Lounge Access at DXB

Old Aug 5, 2013, 3:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas FF, United Mileage Plus, Virgin Velocity

I am flying from Muscat to Lisbon on Emirates in J class and have a 3 + 1/2 hour layover at DXB. I have two questions that I am hoping some of you EK regulars maybe able to answer:

1. Am I correct in assuming that EK 191 being a 777-300 ER, always leaves from Concourse B?

2. If this is correct, will I still be able to take the train to Concourse A and use the newer lounge there between flights? is it worth it?

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 4:12 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by kiwifruit
I am flying from Muscat to Lisbon on Emirates in J class and have a 3 + 1/2 hour layover at DXB. I have two questions that I am hoping some of you EK regulars maybe able to answer:

1. Am I correct in assuming that EK 191 being a 777-300 ER, always leaves from Concourse B?

2. If this is correct, will I still be able to take the train to Concourse A and use the newer lounge there between flights? is it worth it?

Thanks in advance.
1. Not guaranteed. It still could leave from A. I've not been on a A380 for over a year but my last 5 trips from DXB was from A

2. Other members have posted that they will let you in at A even if your flight is not from A if you ask nicely. Personally I dont feel its worth it for 3.5 hr layover (unless you are extremely keen to see A). If you arrive at B and the nexy flight is from B its a lot of walking/using the lifts/train to get to A.By the time you clear security and use the train and check into A and settle down, and factoring the trip back as well, you would have lost almost half of the time you could have had in the lounge .

However if your flight into DXB lands at A and the onward flight is from B its not as bad.Or you could hit the jackpot and both flights are from A
Old Aug 5, 2013, 4:20 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by kiwifruit
is it worth it?
For the BCL, the lounge at concourse A is better and much less crowded than the one at concourse A, specially in the morning when your flight departs. So I would say it is definitely worth it. The food/ drink options are identical though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.