Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Sign in using an external account

Old Aug 1, 13, 4:39 am   #1

Vegetarian options on Emirates business class

Hi!

I am flying Emirates business class from London - Melbourne. It's going to be my first time on Emirates and my first time in business class, so obviously I'm excited and I've been reading all about what to expect!

Some of the dining options I've read about sound amazing to me (as a business class virgin), but I was wondering if anyone knew what the vegetarian options would be like? I'm not strictly a vegetarian (I eat fish), and am wondering whether I should put in a veggie meal preference for my trip. I'd like to know what to expect though... any veggies out there able to shed some light on this?
JasonWMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 13, 4:56 am   #2

Programs: EK Gold
If you order VGML meal, it will be strictly vegetarian, alas no fish in it. If you fancy an Indian curry, try an AVML meal (Asian Vegetarian).
Flywiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 13, 8:43 am   #3

Programs: CX Green, BA, AF Gold, Skywards Platinum
I'm veggie and never bother with ordering a special meal. I find in J that there is usually a veggie pasta dish and there's always salad. I don't eat fish, but there is always a fish dish too.

On my last flight to that part of the world in April (EK419 CHC-DXB) the mains for dinner were:

porterhouse steak, smoked chicken breast, parmesan gnocchi and poached red emperor.

For breakfast the veggie main was fresh herb omelette with spinach, tomatoes and potatoes.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
TrickyTree is offline   Reply With Quote